Engine Upgrades For A Ke17

dapbmw

Hello I am new to the rollaclub. I just bought a 1970 KE17 Sprinter with an automatic :P . I do not want the automatic of course. So I was thinking about dropping a 2t/3t with a t50, will these be easy to do? I know the easiest would be a 4k or 5k modified with this cars 3k head? and twin side drafts with a t50.

Does the t50 need to be modified as far as cross member and tail shaft ends? I definitely will upgrade the front supension with something later that has disc brakes on it and a later rear end from a later corolla model. So what is the best suspension and brake upgrade?

How about dropping a BMW M10 motor and tranny? I have three of them in my garage So this is the most cost effective on for me.

TIA,

Dave

73 BMW 2002 tii

76 BMW 2002 Schnitzer wide body

70 Corolla KE17 Sprinter

05 Corolla LE

Edited by dapbmw

Members dont see this ad
Hello I am new to the rollaclub. I just bought a 1970 KE17 Sprinter with an automatic :y: . I do not want the automatic of course. So I was thinking about dropping a 2t/3t with a t50, will these be easy to do? I know the easiest would be a 4k or 5k modified with this cars 3k head? and twin side drafts with a t50.

Does the t50 need to be modified as far as cross member and tail shaft ends? I definitely will upgrade the front supension with something later that has disc brakes on it and a later rear end from a later corolla model. So what is the best suspension and brake upgrade?

How about dropping a BMW M10 motor and tranny? I have three of them in my garage So this is the most cost effective on for me.

TIA,

Dave

73 BMW 2002 tii

76 BMW 2002 Schnitzer wide body

70 Corolla KE17 Sprinter

05 Corolla LE

cross bred rolla's

a while ago i toyed with the idea of putting an M42 into a Ke11 i had i reckon it would have hauled..

the 2t etc: conversions have been done in these hit the search button and you should come up with something ..

the tranny on the m10.. do they still run a dog leg like the e30 series? cause i think there would be no issues getting the box in but would depend on how far forward or back the engine can be pushed.. and obviously custom dog leg set-up (would have to shorten it a bit)..

i still have a bmw getrag somewhere lol now I'm getting ideas again..

i think it would be very interesting to say the least .. and fair bit of go too as as an e21 / e30 etc: would weight almost exactly double the weight of the ke1x