Hello all, I need some advice/ideas!
I have a KE20 with standard struts. It has lowered King Springs and alloy rims running Potenza RE003 195/50R15 rubber. It sits a fair bit lower than standard.
Problem 1: Due to being lowered the camber is way out, and my tires wear excessively on the inside. KE20's have no stock camber adjustment.
Problem 2: When driving straight the steering will pull suddenly to one side, like someone is yanking the steering wheel down. It's more noticeable the faster I drive. I don't think there's any worn bushings etc in the steering components (although I'm no mechanic).
- I'm aware you can slot out the bolt holes in the strut tower, but I'm not keen to do that.
- should I get camber tops like the Suspension Concepts ones and keep the springs I have (I'm happy with the height etc) (about AUD$500/pair)
- should I get the T3 ones bearing in mind they require their weld on coil over kit (camber tops and weld on kit about AUD$1000 delivered)
- should I also/instead get roll center adjusters? T3 offer some for the KE20.
- will camber tops ruin comfort, and are they noisy? (some people claim this is an issue as they remove the rubber strut top)
- does my problem sound like bump steering due to the suspension being changed from stock?
- could it be worn bushes etc in the steering setup, if so, what should I check?
- how can I fix it while maintaining my current ride height?
Suspension concepts camber tops - http://www.suspensionconcepts.com.au/store/p88/TOYOTA_Corolla_KE20%2C_KE25%2C_KE26%2C_TE25_(1970_-_1978)_Camber_Caster_Front_Strut_Mount_|_SC44025S.html
T3 camber tops - https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/ke20/ke20-camber-plates
T3 weld on coil overs - https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/ke20/weld-front-coilover-kit-ke20-corolla-0
T3 roll center adjusters - https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/ke20/roll-center-adjusters-ke20-corolla