Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

mcardo99

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mcardo99

  1. OK. I contacted John from Cobra Transmissions John said What do you guys think? P.S. Would a 2002 1.8L Corolla C50 transmission fit my 7A-FE engine? Would the bolts align? And this is my last post in this thread :) Unless I get pictures of the whole thing put appart and the kit itself sometime soon. Thank you!
  2. I found this site with rebuild kits for 1992-2002 corolla's with the C52 tranny. What do you guys think? expensive? Could I just get these springs and balls from the local auto parts store? http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_catalog/ma...erhaul_kit.html OR Ebay has what the image shows. I don't see the springs or balls. Which of these are the synchros?
  3. Sounds solid. I'll post the results when done. And hopefully I'll also take pictures. I've seen a few other people asking the same question all over the internet about different gears jumping. Thank you Robert and the rest of you for your time.
  4. It's a 1996 corolla ae102 motor 7A-FE with stock 5-speed tranny. Yes it stays, I hold it softly with my index finger and that's all it takes for it not to jump back to neutral. The stick moves back and forth slightly, almost unnoticeable, as I step on accelerator and release respectively. After engaging 5th, if I accelerate making the stick move back slightly, will make it jump back to neutral. I've taken the center console off and seen the shifter assembly, but didn't dear take anything apart. Do you guys think this is something in the shifter assembly, like a spring in a locking mechanism or someting? or would it be internal in the transmission gearbox? thanks for the time!
  5. After fully engaging 5th gear, on the highway, after a few seconds it jumps back to neutral. Doesn't happen with any other gear, only 5th. Anyone know what it could be? Nothing in the car has changed. Any info would be appreciated.
  6. I own a 1996 Corolla AE102 with 7A-FE engine 5 speed transmission, all stock If I swap that engine with a 4A-GE with 6 speed transmission imported from japan, would I need to replace the original shifter assembly since it's made for a 5 speed or can any mods be made? Thank You!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.