Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5k, 4k-e, 3k Big Port, Blown, Intercooled?????

Featured Replies

:) I have a question for any one that can shed some light on the subject, I currently have a KE20 corolla that I used for racing through country dirt roads with friends, I have retired the car to the paddock to teach the children how to drive as the car is very easy and reliable for them to learn in, here is the question, I am building an engine and need some info, 5k engine, 4K-e, injection, Big port 3K head, BMW bolt on super charger, Silvia intercooler, will the compression be low enough and will the 3K head match up with the 5K block without much modification?

Hi,

This similar subject is being covered now in the topic "head Difference"

So please add your head numer off your 3K head just so we can get another number in the 5K section.

But with this setup all K series heads pretty much bolt on BUT a 3K head on a 5K correct me if I'm wrong some one but it will lower the CR and it might work.

But if you run a head for dished pistons on a flat top piston motor expect CR of like 16:1 and it wont last long. Look on the number on the head and go to the Head difference topic it will tell you if it is dished or not so you can tell if your going to drop CR or raise it.

 

Also for a learner car why do you want a SC on it and a 5K? Bit to much power maybe..lol Wish my instructor had a car like this on..lol Beat the cruddy lancer I learnt in..lol

 

Cameron

:) I have a question for any one that can shed some light on the subject, I currently have a KE20 corolla that I used for racing through country dirt roads with friends, I have retired the car to the paddock to teach the children how to drive as the car is very easy and reliable for them to learn in, here is the question, I am building an engine and need some info, 5k engine, 4K-e, injection, Big port 3K head, BMW bolt on super charger, Silvia intercooler, will the compression be low enough and will the 3K head match up with the 5K block without much modification?

 

Yeah man go for it the comp will be around 7.8 /1 if you use the D shaped bowl pistons. depending on how much has been of the head,camshaft size etc.

 

How much boost you wanting to run.????

Edited by madrolla68

  • Author
Yeah man go for it the comp will be around 7.8 /1 if you use the D shaped bowl pistons. depending on how much has been of the head,camshaft size etc.

 

How much boost you wanting to run.????

the 3k head is has a deep dish and the pistons in the block are also dished, the engine is going to be build out of the car and tuned in the work shop down the back shed until I have a chance to re-register the car, I hope to at least be able to run between 8 and 10 psi eventually, Just to piss the commodore boggan drivers off and nothing has been taken off the head as yet, the cam will be hydrolic, grind 4TP999.

i'd be thinking the 4ke manifold would be WAYY too small for a 3K bigport head let alone a SC strapped to the side as well....

 

Yeah all depends on expected power levels and boost .

 

It may bve ok for lower lkevels.

  • Author

Thanks for the responses, it's nice to see the range of knowlege and constructive thoughts + and -, I appreciate all the help and advice thanks, Mr Rolla. :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.