No Oil Pressure

love ke70

hey guys,

just rebuilt a 1995 323 astina.

i know, thats where i went wrong, but its my sisters car, so i gotta do the right thing.

anyways, all went well except the oil filter seal not sealing so i pissed a sump full of oil onto the shed floor.

another new oil filter and some oil and all went well.

drove it to work in the typical running in, aka thrash it, style of driving and all was well.

got back in that afternoon and oil light stays on....

so i tow it home, and think

maybe dodgy sensor, remove sensor, fit new one. nothing.

remove sensor, start motor (yes, nothing in the hole...no oil comes out. nothing. not even a token drop!!!)

so, sump comes off, check, pick up still in place.

next, oil pump comes out...well its still there

remove oil pressure relief valve, split pin, washer and spring comes out. but piston isnt having a bar of it. doesnt want to move.

is this normal? could this be cause for no oil pressure?

what else may it be?

I'm at a dead end. cheers, andrew

Members dont see this ad

Hi,

If the piston in the oil pump is jamed in it is the pressure relief valve so I would imagine you would havve to MUCH pressure. But wwhat could of happened is the piston jammed and then over pressured the motor and pushed all the oil out or it got burnt. So while driving was there much smoke?

Also the small piston with oil on it some can be hard ot remove so have you tried so wire and pushing it from the other side where oil touches it? as the oil can stick it in a bit sometimes?

Cameron

Is all the oil pump housing tight like it not pumping but cover of pump lose so oil coming out there?

Or internaly is it all meeting up eg oil holes so it can flow?

Also when you ran the motor with no oil pressure did it make any noises or a bearing hitting from low oil pressure etc?

Cameron