Galant Master Brake Cylinder

styler

hey,

on my ke25 i am doing the ke70 brake upgrade.

now i wouldnt mind a dual circuit brake master cylinder and one thats a bit bigger to suit

the ke70 calipers as the ke70 calipers use a 20.64 bore, compared to the corolla 17.46 bore.

the rear wheel cylinders are both 20.64 on the ke25 and ke70.

now the galant ga master brake cylinders are no longer avaliable supposedly but are

19.05 bore which would be good.

the galant gd master brake cylinders are still avaliable in boosted 20.64 bore

and non boosted 17.46 bore.

now the questions are... if i use the non boosted one will 18% bore difference make that

much pedal difference to drive around?

update: well area original 244mm squared to 334mm squared = 37% increase area so it seems it does make quite

a difference...

and... i am thinking will the boosted one have the same flange but just a bigger bore,

so i could use it in a non boosted application as it will bolt up to the firewall and pedal

will interface to it the same?

:hmm:

Edited by styler

Members dont see this ad

If your looking for another option , i was out at the wreckers last weekend looking for master cylinder for my KE25 and found that an 82 meteor (and laser) have the same vertical 2 bolt flange and the KE25 one has ( 60mm), it is also 13/16 instead of standard KE25 11/16 bore (1/8 bigger) and is dual circut .

these are found mounted to a booster so they don't come with a push rod but i just took the one off the original master cylinder and found a washer to suit drilled it out a bit ( to fit the push rod through it , after i took the clevis off) fitted the pushrod to it