Ae71 Ignition Wiring

DARKMAZE

Well, we got the engine out, new clutch in, and put everything back into the car...

Tried to start it up last night, but get no dice..

Ignition on puts the lights on the dash, but when I put the key to start, all that happens is the brake light comes on. No noises. No movement.

Now, I did happen to break a wire or two in the engine removal process (whoops), but being a 4ac, we kinda figured it wouldn't be all that hard to figure out.

There is a crappy kill switch type immobiliser on the car that I have a feeling may be causing the issue, so I was hoping that someone might happen to have access to a wiring diagram that might help in our endeavour to get the thing running again and probably removing the dodgy immobiliser?

So, the theory is either we got ont of the 5 wires in a AE71 ignition wrong, or the immobiliser is doing dumb things.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by DARKMAZE

Members dont see this ad

You should have the Power cable going straight to the starter motor and then the thinner Solenoid wire going to the starter aswell, It should turnover with those 2 wires connected unless the is something in the line on the solenoid wire stopping the signal or not enough earths.

Earth straps need to be bolted down and not on painted bits make sure they are on metal parts of the bay.

Rip the emobiliser out they cause more trouble that anything and just put a kill switch in and hide it.

Edited by AE70

sounds like the immobiliser to me. I had this drama when i removed my dash and the earth return was left off. i can post the wiring diagam for the ke70 and t18 if you like.

That would be great if you could. Will no doubt help in the removal of the immobiliser.

Well, we solved the issue.

The starter motor lead was hooked up to the earth on the distributor, and the earth from the coil was hooked up to the starter motor... :)

Switched them around the 'right' way, and now she's running like a bought one... :)

Thanks for the advice though guys..