4age Alternator Wiring???

Rola Drifter

hi all, i've just finished and registered my 4age ae71 corolla, but there's just one last minor hiccup and that is my charge light on my dash doesn't turn off and my alternator's not charging at all.... I had a look at it a bit earlier on tonight and i realised a mate of mine has chopped the wires half way round the loom for some stupid reason ;)

so i was just wondering if anyone might know what kind of wire goes to what?? there's three (3) wires into a plug that just plugs into the back of the alternator and there's another wire that bolts onto the outside of the alternator for the earth....

1st wire is: a thick white wire (i'm guessing another kind of earth)

2nd wire is: a small black wire with a red stripe (i'm guessing a constant power of some sort)

and the lucky last

3rd wire is: a medium sized yellow wire with a tinge of green (kinda like a rainbow swirl paddle pop lol only with yellow n green though)

any help once again would be much appreciated

thank you in advance

cheers tom

Members dont see this ad

the thick white wire will prob not be an earth, more than like the battery positive that bolts to the stud on the alternator marked B+, coz they usually just rely on the mounting on the block for an earth.

they other wires in the three pin plug:

one will be to control the warning light.

the other two will be sense (battery positive) and an ignition feed

check those with a test light

dave