Don't Buy Ebay Extractors

nelpd96

Ok guys,

I got sick of trying to find a decnet set if second hand extractors and decided to get a set from ebay. They were advertised as fitting KE10- KE70 corollas with the 4K-C engine. I don't know about the other cars but the sure don't fit the KE70 and they are a little on the small side. I basically had to cut them off at the collector to get them to fit and fabricate from there on. It is for my weekend fun car so it doesn't really matter in the long run but I thought that I should let you know to stay away from then as you will be wasting $250.

Cheers

Paul

Members dont see this ad

I really don't know how these guys can advertise them fitting from KE10 to KE70....as the floorpans are different, which is probably why they didnt fit on yours. There is specific Extractor designs for KE10's, KE55's and KE70's.....which is why a set of KE55 extractors won't fit on a KE70....unless you cut them at the collector

yeah they are try around the $350 mark for a new set from an exhaust shop that is why I decided to try the ebay ones. The issue wasn't so much the floor pan and the fact that the exhaust wanted to go through the middle of the gear box. I was aware of the floor pan issues as I also have a 55 here. Meh, it is all good they are on now with a nice 2.5" after the collector with just a hotdog out the side.

And before everyone tells me that I will loosing power with an exhaust that big I know :D If I can't go fast though I want loud. I will be taking it to the track on saturday so I will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
yeah they are try around the $350 mark for a new set from an exhaust shop that is why I decided to try the ebay ones. The issue wasn't so much the floor pan and the fact that the exhaust wanted to go through the middle of the gear box. I was aware of the floor pan issues as I also have a 55 here. Meh, it is all good they are on now with a nice 2.5" after the collector with just a hotdog out the side.

And before everyone tells me that I will loosing power with an exhaust that big I know ;) If I can't go fast though I want loud. I will be taking it to the track on saturday so I will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Paul

ouch! they better have plated them in gold! :D yeah i know pleanty of people whove been bitten in the arse by ebay buying extractors. i work at an exaust shop and belive me, its usualy cheaper in the long run to by a decent set like pace makers, plus the ones on ebay usualy arent even tuned length which means they do nothing for performance. personaly for those tricky cars i get pacemakers, they seem to do the job