Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke30 Cheap Mods.

Featured Replies

G'day folks,

 

I'm lucky enough to have just picked up a 1975 KE30 in quite good condition, for a carton of beer! My intention is to use this as a second car to do a bit of rally sprinting and khanacrossing in. It's also quite possible that it will be a daily driver, it's just so fuel efficient, and my girlfriend loves it!

 

So, getting to my question, what mods would everyone do to get this thing going faster? It does OK at the moment, but more is always better. I'd like to spend as little as possible, and will source a lot of things from these forums, ebay, and the u pullit.

 

I'm thinking I might try and get stiffer springs, and firm up the rear. Maybe some new shocks to suit the springs, any recommendations? I'll also try and source another head and try my hand at porting it. Not sure about induction yet. I'd like to do the exhaust as well, and maybe a quite mild cam.

 

So, where should I start?

 

Cheers

 

Mike

bigger exhaust, ignition timing advanced, cold air intake (or drill more holes in the base of the air cleaner).

 

For chaep rear shocks, use early commodore wagon as these will fit if I remember correctly. HK/T/G Monaro will for sure in a KE35

  • Author
bigger exhaust, ignition timing advanced, cold air intake (or drill more holes in the base of the air cleaner).

 

For chaep rear shocks, use early commodore wagon as these will fit if I remember correctly. HK/T/G Monaro will for sure in a KE35

 

Cheers, that's a start! I don't mind spending a little more on shocks, with the little power I'll have it's important I don't slow down. I was thinking of talking to Pedders. How much advance do you suggest?

 

Cheers

 

Mike

when fuel was decent (leaded) around 12-14 deg btdc. don't know if this is still possible with unleaded.

Edited by coln72

I know that VK sedan are an inch or so too long, but apparently wagon ones are shorter. Monaro shocks fit for sure cause I ran a set of air adjustable ones from my old mans munro in my KE35.

trust me they will fit :jamie:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.