Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Auto To Manual Conversion

Featured Replies

Hi There,

I have a Ke10 with a 4K motor in it. Currently it is running the toyoglide 2 speed auto box. :wink:

I am going to do the manual conversion however I wanted to double check that I had all the parts that I need. Also any hits/tricks that you can let me know about would be appreciated.

 

I currently have a 4 speed box (K40).

 

Part I believe I need:

KE1* pedal assembly

KE1* clutch cable

flywheel off a 4 speed box - do the 4 and 5 speed use the same?

Tail shaft - I assume that I need a KE1* 4 speed tail shaft or can I get one out of a ke2* series?

Some mates + Beer and a weekend of friggin about under the car.

 

I believe that I need to cut back the transmission tunnel as the gear leaver position is further set back than the auto. Does anyone know by how much? or is it a matter of try and see?

Is there any modification required for the cross memeber that the gearbox sits on? or is it easier to try to source a cross member from a manual ke1* model?

 

I was thinking initially I will not swap out the diff centre.

 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

 

Anthony

hey there mate,

 

okey doke,

-pedal assembly, yes

-clutch cable, yes

-just a manual flywheel, they are both the same between 4 & 5 speeds

-just use the 2 speed toyoglide tailshaft, as it will fit the manual box( 2 speed auto and 4 speed boxes are both the same length and output shaft spline)

-gearbox crossmember and mount are both the same between auto and manual

- and last of all its just a matter of try and see when it comes to the shifter hole

 

hope this helps mate!

 

cheers, phatke30!

  • Author

Thanks for the info!!!!

 

Looks like I am set for all the parts then. I was unsure about the tailshaft but that is tops news....

 

Anthony

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.