Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sdma Hillclimb 1st Sept

Featured Replies

Quick answer is yes - I certainly do (piece of sh*t Autotechnica fixed back seat that cost me $80 and is as heavy as original seat but at least gives some better support). Think it is either meant to be ADR approved or engineered - basically it has to be registerable.

 

Cool thanks for the info Todd. Mine won't be anything fancy either (second hand?), I'm mainly after support, weight reduction hadn't crossed my mind until you mentioned it. Did you get a set of rails from the wreckers and modify them to fit or did the seat come with rails that fitted in? I'll shoot somebody an email or ask the scrutineers next time as to the safety issues and possibility of DIY.

 

Nice try - but I still win the "Dumbest Moment in Motorsport" title. :) Besides, didn't affect your lap time by that much.

 

My contribution: hitting the witch's hat on the double-apex right-hander at the top of the hill... Wasn't too bad, got a talking to though (seems I wasn't the only one who hit it :) )

  • Replies 32
  • Views 44.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Cool thanks for the info Todd. Mine won't be anything fancy either (second hand?), I'm mainly after support, weight reduction hadn't crossed my mind until you mentioned it. Did you get a set of rails from the wreckers and modify them to fit or did the seat come with rails that fitted in? I'll shoot somebody an email or ask the scrutineers next time as to the safety issues and possibility of DIY.

My contribution: hitting the witch's hat on the double-apex right-hander at the top of the hill... Wasn't too bad, got a talking to though (seems I wasn't the only one who hit it :no: )

 

I had 2 or 3 sets of AE82 seats, so I stripped the rails off one and then used some thick aluminium angle to fabricate adapters from the rails to the seats. Not pretty but sturdy. You're welcome to have a look - just let me know. I will be at next meet.

 

Just be aware that if you modify the seat rails you need to get an Engineers certificate. For mine I'd argue the point that my rails are untouched.

 

In all honesty though - if your car is a daily driver, take it somewhere and get it done properly and engineered. A lot more expensive, but not worth getting defected or voiding your insurance. Unless you just want to bolt it in at the track.

Edited by Toddski

I had 2 or 3 sets of AE82 seats, so I stripped the rails off one and then used some thick aluminium angle to fabricate adapters from the rails to the seats. Not pretty but sturdy. You're welcome to have a look - just let me know. I will be at next meet.

 

Awesome! That's exactly what I was thinking. We have spare rails somewhere too I'm sure of it...

 

Unless you just want to bolt it in at the track.

 

:no:

 

No intention of using it on the road

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.