September 6, 200719 yr Author comment_196308 well thats my dig over with, when do we do your caster kit? can't have you blaming the car when i do finally kick your ass Not for a little while - family in town and brother has pinched the Rolla to run around in. So I'm guessing it'll be a last minute rush to get it done before Sept 30. Let me know what I owe you anyway - and I'll try drop past soon and grab rims so I can throw some tyres on for next meet. And the only part of the car I'll be blaming is the loose nut behind the steering wheel. :party: Report
September 7, 200719 yr Author comment_196492 BLAME HANDBRAKE..... AGAIN Oh hardy ha ha... <points at scoreboard> :party: Report
September 8, 200719 yr comment_196641 but now i realised, I'm trailering my car, you need to drive home, time i throw caution to the wind, rip out a killer run, or kill the car or me trying Report
September 9, 200719 yr comment_196761 time i throw caution to the wind, rip out a killer run, or kill the car or me trying ABOUT TIME!!! You've been saying your going to try to kill something out there Report
September 10, 200719 yr Author comment_196851 All talk - you've been saying that before every meet - and every meet you go out and drive like a Nanna in your Nanna car. <wind wind wind> :D But looks like you're on your own for the Sept 30 meet - it's a long weekend so I'll be off doing family bits. So keep the spectacular off until I'm about please. And if you do kill yourself in a spectacular manner on the track - can I have your ute? ;) What, you expected me to say something like "please don't"? :) Report
October 1, 200718 yr comment_200880 hey, didnt see any rolla club people out racing at yesterday's event (although i think i spied Thomo having a look around... maybe) Probably a smart move not to come out yesterday as the wind was terrible, but still a pretty good day. I was happy to get my PB in the rolla down to 53.53, but still only 3rd in class as an S2000 turned up!!! I thought it would kill the rolla, but it only did a 53.2x which was still impressive anyway. Anyone planning to go to the next one? Report
October 1, 200718 yr comment_200885 Yeah, long weekend put most of us out due to family things. Will need to check date of the next one, may even leave it to next year to bring the AE of death out as I need to get the rolla sprinter on the road asap so most of our spare cash will go into that project. Thomo is getting a car ready for Marques in the park/rolla club show and shine.........no entries yet from the TOC guys. Edited October 1, 200718 yr by Trendact Report
October 1, 200718 yr comment_200946 i didnt run, couldnt be bothered, and my left arm still doesnt work to well, helped out with the scrutenearing ( f@$ked if i can spell it, you know what i mean) watched the first run, then out of there, that wind was painfull!! Report
October 2, 200718 yr comment_201086 i didnt run, couldnt be bothered, and my left arm still doesnt work to well, helped out with the scrutenearing ( f@$ked if i can spell it, you know what i mean) watched the first run, then out of there, that wind was painfull!! Too right! Uncomfortable all bloody day... Only chopped 0.04 off my best, got down to 53.72. A question that you guys might be able to help me out with... Can I run an aftermarket bucket seat and still be eligible for Type 1/2? It specifies full interior trim but I'm not sure if it all has to be standard. I'm sick of using my left leg to brace myself :) Report
October 2, 200718 yr Author comment_201092 Too right! Uncomfortable all bloody day... Only chopped 0.04 off my best, got down to 53.72. A question that you guys might be able to help me out with... Can I run an aftermarket bucket seat and still be eligible for Type 1/2? It specifies full interior trim but I'm not sure if it all has to be standard. I'm sick of using my left leg to brace myself :) Quick answer is yes - I certainly do (piece of sh*t Autotechnica fixed back seat that cost me $80 and is as heavy as original seat but at least gives some better support). Think it is either meant to be ADR approved or engineered - basically it has to be registerable. Report
October 2, 200718 yr comment_201115 hey todd, you would be pleased to know that i did something almost as dumb as your handbrake job! In my quest to lessen the weight of the rolla i started my 3rd run and promptly had fuel surge around every corner... Dam i looked stupid! Had to go get fuel in the lunch break. Note to self - more than a quarter of a tank for next time. Report
October 2, 200718 yr Author comment_201132 Nice try - but I still win the "Dumbest Moment in Motorsport" title. :) Besides, didn't affect your lap time by that much. But I'll hold the running out of fuel trick in reserve - my fuel gauge doesn't work properly and I have to work off the trip meter (which my 3 yr old son likes to reset whenever he jumps in the car). Report
October 2, 200718 yr comment_201133 isn't that what kids are for? :) Yeah i still ran a 54.01 which makes me wonder what i would have fun if i had fuel... Hmmm Report
October 2, 200718 yr comment_201165 i did the fuel trick first run last meet, no surge tank, minimum 1/2 tank it seems Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now