Rollaclub Nt Improved Production Car

Pure-SX

I split this topic so we could talk about it seperately from Stephen's other topic:

Also, I had a thought about what to do with the AE71 the other day. Why not build a RollaClub race car (preferably Improved Production). If we put our funds together I'm sure we could make a fairly competitive car. We could all get our proper racing licence and take turns at racing.

There are many issues with this idea though, eg. if someone prangs it, getting time to prepare the car, etc. Just an idea though.

Thats quite a good idea, I am sure it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg either. The ae71 would be a solid base.

The AE71 would be good as suspension bits are cheapish, and we could just use a 4A-GE and build it up over time.

Karla Karpenko does low 1:30's in her AE71, and that's with a fairly basic 4A-GE and just suspension mods. And Brenton Taylor has done 1:26's I think in his KE55 fastback with a heavily worked 20v. We could be competitive. the car would cost about $15,000 in total though. :cool:

Adam

I am sure it wouldnt cost 15000 straight up. If we bought a 4age for it cheap as shit, got it running would be a good start :party:.

Heavily worked 20V explain? :P

Edited by ancullen

Members dont see this ad

It wouldn't be $15,000 straight up. If we wanted to get straight into Improved Production (without worrying about being competitive), we'd have to spend about $1,500-2,000 on a CAMS legal rollcage. Roughly $1,000 on a 4A-GE. About $200 on a gearbox. And $1,000 on tyres (only one type of tyre is allowed in IP).

Another option would be to start developing the car as an Improved Production car, but only enter it in the lapsprints or Streetcar Shootout while we develop it and learn our race craft. This option would be significantly cheaper as we could do it in steps with far greater ease. We wouldn't even need to worry about putting the 4A-GE straight in, we could start out with the 4A-C and learn about driving and handling and stuff. Hell, if we wanted, we could put the AE71 in the next lapsprint/Streetcar Shootout if we wanted to go that way. :party:

In regards to the issue with this idea that Shane has raised, if someone put the car into a wall, if it's a minor accident, they can pay for repairs (we'll be trying to avoid walls though :party: ). If it's a write-off, we can either sell the parts that are okay and split the money back to each person, or we can all put in to rebuild the car, with a bit extra from the one that crashed it. It'd depend on the situation though, and it's something that could be decided for certain at the time.

Personally, I would love to be a part of it however, if we were to get serious with this I would want an "agreement" clearly laid out. I could imagine that if serious shit happened ie. write off and an agreement wasn't in place situation could possibly get heated. Never know, but if it was clearly laid out would be sweet

Yeah, it could get complicated, and an agreement (in writing) would make things a bit safer.

Meh, it'd be fun if everything went to plan, but with the nature of racing a crash is bound to happen at some point and f@$k things up. I'll just keep working towards building the KE55 up as a lapsprinter.