November 16, 200718 yr comment_209803 G'day everyone, I seem to have a problem with fuel spitting from a (seemingly purposeful) hole in the bottom of my fuel pump my Wag had been using a little more fuel recently so i wonder how long it has been happening....I don't know if it has had anything to do with the fuel pump problem but I had replaced the fuel filter a week before(now back to the part i took out)at the same time as a pair of second hand hurricane extractors were put in by a mechanic friend. Ive read that it may just be worn out internally so I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem to this fuel spitting? If the pump is Dun4 what would you recommend to replacing it with as i may get a better carby in the near future if I'm having to replace the pump anyway :lolcry: Thankyou for your time Report
November 16, 200718 yr comment_209807 Sounds like the diaphragm is gone. As these are a non-serviceable part, you will have to get the fuel pump replaced Report
November 17, 200718 yr Author comment_209822 Thanks i was thinkin that was what the problem was! Would you go for another stock pump or a Fuel Miser so i have the option of a beta carby when i can afford it? Any more info on this would be great since ive recently decided to work my ke wagon instead of getting another car! Edited November 17, 200718 yr by Wagonboy Report
November 17, 200718 yr comment_209828 Personally id just get a brand new stock fuel pump, even if your going to put a weber or similar on it, the stock pump will be more than sufficent, if your going to work the motor down the track and bolt twins to the side of it, if need so buy a new, more better pump then for the application. Just my opinion :lolcry: cheers phatke30! Report
November 17, 200718 yr Author comment_209877 I grabbed a stocky for $77 (thanku sprint once again!!!) cheers for the help peoples! :lolcry: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now