Fiberglass Bonnets/panels

p_schrapel

hey i was just wondering anyone knows if fiberglass front gaurds bonnet and boot is legal in the state of victoria as I'm trying thinking of getting some made up for my ke15 corolla i was thinking it might be legal as it is full chassis. also if anyone would mind one aswell ill love to organise to get them for someone i should be getting the bonnet at the start of next month. and the rest slowly bit by bit.

thanks heaps

Members dont see this ad
hey i was just wondering anyone knows if fiberglass front gaurds bonnet and boot is legal in the state of victoria as I'm trying thinking of getting some made up for my ke15 corolla i was thinking it might be legal as it is full chassis. also if anyone would mind one aswell ill love to organise to get them for someone i should be getting the bonnet at the start of next month. and the rest slowly bit by bit.

thanks heaps

I'm also wondering if this is legal for QLD.. I know that some Crysler came out with fibre glass front guards.. So I'm not sure.

Just had a google about that. Cars complying for front impact zones only have to comply post 1995. Given the ADRs were compiled long after the ke15 was built, I can't see them being a concern.

If you want to do it, do a good clean job of putting them on, secure them well etc.

If it were me though, I'd pay for a nice clean set of steel panels, because fibreglass can be a real pain to affix, prep and paint, and it will never look as good a steel!

Just had a google about that. Cars complying for front impact zones only have to comply post 1995. Given the ADRs were compiled long after the ke15 was built, I can't see them being a concern.

If you want to do it, do a good clean job of putting them on, secure them well etc.

If it were me though, I'd pay for a nice clean set of steel panels, because fibreglass can be a real pain to affix, prep and paint, and it will never look as good a steel!

Does that mean KE55 can also have say, fibre glass bonnets etc?

I've heard of that carbon fibre panels is illegal? Though Carbon Fibre and Fibre glass I think are pretty much very similiar anyway..

I'm copying another guys engine setup which is a 5k witha t28 turbo and other mods that makes 159rwkw and it runs 11's with all metal parts. becuasei have rust in mine in taking them off and replacing them with fiberglass to be lighter I'm actaully doing all new bushs in the front and rear then taking it to my mates house for him to place mini tubs in it for bloody traction. ive done my research if u want to do mini tubs all u got to do it make it a 2 seater and u can only for 50mm I'm pretty sure it was till u need to enginer it so its a plan

pumped rear wheel archs and mini tubs