Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke1x Diff Ratios

Featured Replies

Read up on Diff Ratios, didnt get much further than that. I checked my compliance plate, but it only has the SN, no diff info. Too hot at the moment to get under the car as well.

 

Anyway - I want a taller ratio. I know the Manual Wagons run a shorter ratio than sedans, but I have an automatic. Can anyone confirm that Automatic sedan diffs are taller than the automatic wagons? And how do I find out what I've got, without jacking it up and turning and counting haha.

 

Cheers,

 

tom.

Only other way is to pull the centre out and check your crown wheel, which is a shitload more effort than turning and counting.

 

If you have the jap diff, I THINK any centre up to KE30 will fit as a straight bolt in.

Edited by Raven

Tom, I am not totally sure what ratios the autos ran. I do know that the manual sedans (with jap diffs) and sprinters had a 4.22 ratio and the manual wagons a 4.44 standard. You probably need to jack up a wheel and do some counting. :hmm:

 

As Raven said, you can bolt later jap ke2x and ke3x centers straight into a jap ke1x housing. You may have to change the rear driveshaft flange as they changed the bolt patterns on the diff pinion flange at some stage. Not sure if this coincided with when Toyota upgraded the diff ringear from 5.7" to 6.0", think this was at the start of the ke3x model run.

 

Pretty sure the manual (jap diffed) ke20 sedan and ke25 coupe had 4.22 diffs with the wagons having a 4.44 like with the ke1x. I know ke30 2 door manual sedans, and manual ke35s with jap diffs have 4.33 diffs. The ke36 pano had a 4.55. Not sure of the ke3x 4 door sedans or wagons.

 

Doug

  • Author

Cool thanks for the replies there.

 

Might just wait for this damn heatwave to pass and then i'll get off my lazy arse and have a harder look (read - jack it up and start turning!)

 

Any original Toyoglide sedan owners out there who wouldnt mind checking their diff ratio as well?

 

cheers

 

tom.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.