Sunday Track/drift Day

ae174agze

Members dont see this ad

day was good no price to get in i think because there was only 4 cars drifting i think they expected more but good never the less

racing was cool good to see a rolla club fella out

geff in his R32 looked like he muntted his gear box or somthing because he stoped fast half way through a corner

day was good no price to get in i think because there was only 4 cars drifting i think they expected more but good never the less

racing was cool good to see a rolla club fella out

geff in his R32 looked like he muntted his gear box or somthing because he stoped fast half way through a corner

lol i would have been out but it seems my rolla needs suspension and maybe a little more power.... 20 welding rods in the diff is merely not enough :D

jeff's a good mate of mine his gearbox spat third, the rest of the box is fine but he didnt want to risk a total failure so limped her home...

danno did well in the autobarn gemini, and apparently it does good skids tooo but i didnt see anything :lol:

where were you dude? should have come said hi!

yeah i was on the other side yelling across the hairpin to stewie

next time mate

there was a turbo starlet that was pushing hard behind a porche thing

he was cutting stick thats a FAST little car,

cool ca18det nissan FWD thing also

lol i would have been out but it seems my rolla needs suspension and maybe a little more power.... 20 welding rods in the diff is merely not enough :P

You welded a KE70/AE71 diff??? I've got heaps of Borg-Warner diffs you could have used, including a KE70 wagon diff and multiple KE55 diffs. The centres can all be swapped!!! I need to get rid of them as well. Some diffs are welded, some are not. I also have two automatic 4.3:1 ratios diffs, as well as a few of the manual 4.111:1 diffs.

I'm not throwing them away though. I paid $150 for the one that's installed in the KE55 at the moment, but am not after anywhere near that for any of them. In fact, $50 will get you any of the diffs, except that one. It costs $100 as it not only has a 4.3:1 ratio and is VERY strongly welded, but it has been put a in press and bent to give negative camber on the rear wheels. :P

A KE55 diff can be used on a KE70/AE71. The only thing is that the leaf spring mounts will need to be removed and replaced by coil spring ones off a KE70/AE71, and the diff is narrower than the KE70/AE71 version. The advantage of this is you could run even more negative offset without fouling your guards. :P

Edited by ancullen

VERY strongly welded, but it has been put a in press and bent to give negative camber on the rear wheels. :dance:

hrmm for one i bet mines welded stronger, my mate who welded it used to make manifolds and custom piping for tuned automotive.

for two WTF you were actually silly ennough to go and bend a live axle diff :lolcry: explain to me the benefits of this

by logic it seems all youve done is made the car sit funny, and also made it so itll chew out diff seals quickly....

Edited by Ella

I didn't do it. Brenton Taylor had this diff on his KE55 IP car before he upgraded to a 7.5/8.0" Hilux diff with Torsen LSD. It is only bent enough to give about 0.75 degrees of negative camber (presumably either side). It's not much, but not much should be needed on a live axle rear end anyway. And the centre was professionally welded, TIG from memory. It'd be heaps tough enough.

Andrew - the problems with going to a Hilux diff are many. They are big and heavy bastards. To get them cut down isn't cheap. You need to get them set up for a four stud pattern, or run completely different wheels front and rear, or change the front hubs. They're not cheap to buy/replace. For the amount you'd spend on a Hilux diff to suit your AE71, you could easily buy about ten Borg-Warner diffs - probably twenty. They're easy to find, and very cheap to buy. Hell, I'll sell you all of mine (five or six - however many there are) for $300 just so you can see what I mean. Then again, what would I know?

Edited by ancullen

yeah true but there are a few cut down commo lsd that have been redrilled for standerd pattern that pop up on here and ebay

yeah 10 of them might last longer but i don't know i'm hoping for 150 rwkws so 10 might not last long

altho the way things are going atm i might not even have a car to put this no engine into

Edited by ae174agze