Ae93 Front Brakes

Members dont see this ad

what info are you looking for?

are asking if anyone has use slotted rotors on an SX and their opinion of them?

or are you asking for a part number for the rotors themselves?

anyways heres my opinon for you

1. i have DBA slotted rotors front and back on my SX Seca and i highly recommend them.

2.since your SX is series 1, i will assume it has series 1 calipers and rotors. Which means you will have smaller front brakes than the GTI/SX Seca series 2 (GTI is the series 2 version of the sx hatch). anyways in the picture below is the parts numbers for the front and rear rotors.

when ordering remember the to ask for slotted otherwise when they order them you might just get regular rotors.

post-1204-1213263638_thumb.jpg

towe001 you got series 2 rotors not series 1.

theres 2 different sized front rotors on the ae93:-

238mm series 1 8/89 - 6/91 << SX Hatch/Seca (dba part no 704)

258mm series 2 6/91 - 10/94 << GTI Hatch/SX Seca (dba part no 708)

http://www.dba.com.au/2006/PDF_CATALOGUE/C...ue_01052008.pdf << look at page 123

yes the front calipers from ae102 fit because it is exactly same caliper that was used on the GTI/Series 2 SX Seca.

i'll assume toyota just carried the caliper over and used a slightly smaller rotor (255mm).

Edited by MYSTIK

There is an even bigger one but its got to be modified to fit. Its from the superstrut version (ae102 ? ae112 ?) i don't remember what model. From memory the calipers are twin spot as well.

Have a look on ToyMods for it. Or Twincam.org you might have to do a search for it but its there somewhere :lolcry:

There is an even bigger one but its got to be modified to fit. Its from the superstrut version (ae102 ? ae112 ?) i don't remember what model. From memory the calipers are twin spot as well.

Have a look on ToyMods for it. Or Twincam.org you might have to do a search for it but its there somewhere :dance:

its a 275mm from both the ae101 and ae111 superstrut. but you have to machine the rotor down to 260 - 263mm for the caliper to fit.

plus i don't really think the original question quite went this far as he was only asking bout slotted rotors.

but if he want brake upgrade in here is and excellent link from twincam.org

http://www.twincam.info/index.php?showtopic=1063

Edit: missed one piece of info out :lolcry:

Edited by MYSTIK