Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Too Big ???

Featured Replies

  • Author

Thanks felix, I raised this because of some comments you made in other threads.

A mate has been trying to convince me to get a carb with mech secondarys for a while, will

see how I go though.

 

I understand about jetting up or down winke, but if the carb is a totally inadequate size

for the motor, you are better off using something better suited in the first place.

 

Good to see a few opinions on the matter, I knew there would be some difference in opinion. :lolcry:

 

Cheers,

  • Author

Felix, just out of interest, where did you find that info?

 

Those rules of thumb etc appear to be quite useful. :lolcry:

I know for a fact that a 32/36 DGV will work on a 4K. It's not the best, but an engine with a lumpy cam is going to be a bit of a pig down low anyway. You need to chop the standard inlet manifold to make one large oval hole before fitting the adapter plate and the throttle may be interesting to hook up...

A 34 ADM also works on a 4k, but needs to be rejetted drastically. Again, it's not the best down low.

The accelerator pump is also far, far far too rich.

A single 1" and 3/4 SU or a pair of 1" 1/2 SUs would be best for driving it around on the street as it has tamed mine down noticeably, but not everyone can go sidedraft carbies obviously.

I would put a DGV on a lumpy 4K, or better still a 5K, if I was to use a downdraft carby. The electric choke on the DGV is the go too.

  • Author

I am probably going with a downdraft carb so it can be hidden and keep the cops happy.

Most aftermarket options I know of will require either an aftermarket manifold or an adaptor plate

(homemade or purchased).

 

In the end I would like to choose a carb that is well suited to the motor and is not a pig down low

(although some of this will be down to tuning).

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.