1990 Corolla

Yellow_18

Members dont see this ad
hey guys... I just bought a 1990 corolla hatch.. manual.... Duno much about this model , can anyone gimme some info? Model numbers etc or whateva? Thanks :yes:

google is your friend :no2:

will need some more info from you too. To start sounds like it and AE92 ( can check this, its imprinted on the firewall )

What model is it? sx, seca etc. (not sure of the model names here :y:)

-O

google is your friend :yes:

will need some more info from you too. To start sounds like it and AE92 ( can check this, its imprinted on the firewall )

What model is it? sx, seca etc. (not sure of the model names here :no2:)

-O

I'll prob get shot from u corolla people for sayin this, but it's a holden nova, 1990, hatch.... but i can't bring myself to tell people i bought a holden haha. pretty sure they exactly the same though?

Rip off the badge, put a Toyota one on, you will be fine. I can not be much help. I only like pre KE70, and only 2 AEs. AE71 and AE86. I dislike Front Wheel Drives, though good luck with your information hunting.

Maybe best bet is to buy a Gregory's book about your car. It will help me with my car a lot, though I like to do things for myself first, without instructions ^_^

As WinKE55 said, pull the badges off and no one will know.

Not too sure on the Nova as I'd never seen on till I got to Australia, but from what I've seen the majority of them are 4afe or 7afe (1.8ltr) in the later models

What info did you want to know?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Corolla_E90#Australia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Nova

2min google

I'll prob get shot from u corolla people for sayin this, but it's a holden nova, 1990, hatch.... but i can't bring myself to tell people i bought a holden haha. pretty sure they exactly the same though?

the nova's the chassis code is AZ92

and basically everything mechanically is interchangeable and quite a few body panels as well :bash:

its quite possibly either an SL , SL/E and SL/X

the nova's only came in the sedan and hatch form (so no liftback, like the secas)

and i do believe they only came out with 4afc and 4afe motors originally and the 7afe later (it was aimed at the younger market)

in my opinon the corollas got ripped off on this deal with holden as the nova's ended up with "JDM style" head lights, grill and bonnet

not a great deal else i can think of atm

Edited by MYSTIK

• 6 months later...

in the early nighties holden was going broke, so they did a deal with toyota and have similar cars in their lineups.

corrola - nova

commodore - lexen

etc.

basicly you have a Ae92

should have a toyota engine in it, probably a 4Afe

hence the A in the name of the model (Ae92, Az92)

change the badges and centre piece of the steering wheel and noone will know the difference.

or just debadge it completely. the smooth-body effect