Another Ke70 Rust Issue.

interlopr

Hey guys, ive searched the forum but can't find anything, just wondering if anyone can tell me if it's possible to get the little tabs in the boot (What the boot seal sits over) to get them repaired or get new ones welded on or what not, mine have all rusted away and is causing my boot to leak, ive bogged it up a few times, but the rust just keeps spreading, it's the only rust my E7 has which is remarkable :jamie: just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and solved it. Cheers.

Members dont see this ad
Hey guys, ive searched the forum but can't find anything, just wondering if anyone can tell me if it's possible to get the little tabs in the boot (What the boot seal sits over) to get them repaired or get new ones welded on or what not, mine have all rusted away and is causing my boot to leak, ive bogged it up a few times, but the rust just keeps spreading, it's the only rust my E7 has which is remarkable :jamie: just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and solved it. Cheers.

Stay on top of it or you'll have more rust than that to worry about.

You'll need to find a few old cars at the wreckers or wherever that have the metal in the right places and weld it in where needed. Try to have the welds somewhere you can hide them like under the seal or in a corner or seam thats always existed.

Stay on top of it or you'll have more rust than that to worry about.

You'll need to find a few old cars at the wreckers or wherever that have the metal in the right places and weld it in where needed. Try to have the welds somewhere you can hide them like under the seal or in a corner or seam thats always existed.

Thanks for ur reply buddy :jamie: will see what i can organise at the wreckers!!

• 1 month later...