Brake Bleeding Need Help Asap.

rundell

Just finished putting in new springs on the front of my ke55 and when i was going to bleed the brakes on the calipers i broke the vavle to undo to bleed the brakes :fuzz: Is it suppose to be done that way to unscrew the vavle on the caliper? i got another front caliper but has the same problem the valve wont unscrew :@ any help thanks

Members dont see this ad

Haha, ask Jon and Trev. We all had fun doing that today hah.

You need the bleeder nipple, this is needed to bleed the brakes.

There is a few ways to do this but I will say the easier way.

Take off the master cylinder cap, where you fill your brake fluid. You can either suck it all out with a brake fluid sucker or get a rag and soak up all the fluid. Once that is done clean up the inside with a clean rag and re-fill up with brand new brake fluid. Blue brake fluid might make seeing it easier.

Get someone inside the car, start from the far left side of the vehicle.

Tell them to pump the brakes, after about 10 seconds say Hold, or whatever command and get them to hold their foot up hardly against the brake pedal, you then undo the bleeder nipple, let the brake fluid out a bit then close it off. Repeat until you either see blue or the desired brake fluid colour or until there is no bubbles or air in the lines. (Depends if you re-fill with brand new brake fluid or just want to bleed with the normal brake fluid you have in your car)

Then move over to the far right wheel, then the front left wheel, then the front right wheel. The bleeder nipples are sometimes hard to crack, and be sure not to round them off so a proper tool is to use the desired MM pipe spanner, though you can use a normal spanner but have more chance of rounding the nipple.

Oh, HAVE FUN :fuzz:

Edited by WinKE55

dunno if you read right Winkle, but he actually broke the bleeder valve on the caliper..

Mate, with your other caliper, try WD40 or something like that around the valve, and give it a crack and see what happens. if not ive used a flathead screw driver and a hammer to "chisel" it out...

and yes you do use that valve to bleed brakes,

Good luck mate

Yeah I read that, but man he said he has another so may as well replace it. Thought it might of made sense when I said the bleeder nipple is used so I would hope people would erm, use there common sense to realize he will either replace the caliper or attempt to get out the bleeder nipple.

i got another front caliper but has the same problem the valve wont unscrew :@ any help thanks

And i offered him help on that.....

Ive soaked the whole caliper in fuel over night, and also brake fluid before.. both have worked to undo it.. also WD40 works.

Hope you get it sorted, they are a bugger of a thing to have snap on you... :fuzz:

Just finished putting in new springs on the front of my ke55 and when i was going to bleed the brakes on the calipers i broke the vavle to undo to bleed the brakes :fuzz: Is it suppose to be done that way to unscrew the vavle on the caliper? i got another front caliper but has the same problem the valve wont unscrew :@ any help thanks

So you snapped the bleed nipples off? I'd say its impossible to bleed the brakes without the nipples. If the above methods don't work and you're fairly skilled mechanically you could try slowly and carefully drilling out the spare front caliper bleed nipple with a drill bit slightly smaller in diameter than the nipple. Then try to unscrew/remove the remaining nipple metal without damaging the thread it goes into. If successful, you could just get another bleed nipple and replace the stuffed one.

Edited by machg

I don't no about soaking your caliper in fuel is such a great idea,

fuel and rubber seals don't mix.If you can get a spray can of

product called yield ,its in a gold can this stuff is the best i have

seen.Spray around the bleeders and let soak for a few minutes

usually works.Then if you get them out clean up threads put

some nickel anti seize or similar on the treads never snap

them off again.This what we use on dozer tracks and earth moving

gear and you can always undo them.

rob

ahh might give them a whirl. Mate sed he has got the thread out and is cleaning the thread and putting in a new vavle so hopefully will be a lot easier and wont snap haha. Sucks everyhting was going right putting the springs in then the bloody bleeder valve had to snap so i can't drive my car :fuzz: thanks for all the help people have given

Also i wouldnt worry disconnecting the brake line to pull the strut out just carefully pull the clip

off the strut and CAREFULLY hack saw one side of the retainer so you can bend it enough to get

the brake line out.Then tie the caliper and brake lines up with a small bit of tie wire so you are not stretching

any thing,then you can remove strut with out disconecting the brakes.This may be fround on but saves a lot

of stuffing around.

rob :fuzz: