Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anyone Tried Paradise Racing Power Pack For 4ac Or 4alc Sohc?

Featured Replies

I don't feel like blowing $649 plus the cost of labor on an experiment. So has anyone here installed a Paradise Racing 'Power Pack' on their 4ac or 4a-lc engine?

 

I am thinking about buying the Power Pack for my 4a-lc sohc. I was told by the rep for Paradis that I will just need a custom carb linkage, but that's it's not hard to fabricate.

 

The kit comes with Weber carb, adapter plate, air cleaner assembly (not sure if air filter is included, probably is), and camshaft and valve springs.

 

I would think that I would need the emissions version of the carb also, since my 4a-lc is an emissions version of the 4ac, from what I understand. Would any weber 32/36 carb work, or would it have to be 32/36 dgev?

 

The rep also told me that the Weber 32/36 carb kit with spacer normally sells for $349 alone, and that camshaft is $225 alone, and valve springs are $200. Savings with the Power Pack is $125. They would not give me the specs on the cam.

 

Their site states "Sorry, but we do not list our cam specs as a lot of competeing shops are now viewing our web site and "borrowing" our numbers as if they were theirs. You will recieve the specs on your cam at the time of purchase."

Edited by sva50233

sounds awesome but expensive for a 4ac

 

where abouts did you find all this ?

I wouldn't buy a camshaft unless I know the specs. There's a good chance they "borrowed" the specs off someone else, anyway. And if they didn't, there's only so many different cams unless they've successfully re-invented the wheel.

  • Author
I wouldn't buy a camshaft unless I know the specs. There's a good chance they "borrowed" the specs off someone else, anyway. And if they didn't, there's only so many different cams unless they've successfully re-invented the wheel.

 

I agree with you. They should disclose the specs, at least to anyone making a serious inquiry. I will ask the rep again and see what he says.

 

Here is a link to the Paradise Racing site:

http://www.paradiseracing.com/cams.htm

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.