New Memeber

drdenski

Hey. Den here from the gold coast. Migrated from twincam.org. I own a '90 sx seca, currently not running due to a spun big end bearing. I also have an '06 Hi-Ace, but that one is the work van, haha. My bro owns an '81 ke70, also not running at the moment due to a cracked water pump (thanks to yours truly, haha). I've owned an old astra and an old subie ('91 fiori, tiny little panel van with a 1L 4cyl gutless motor, haha) but I really do love my toyota's. I've also worked for toyota (grand motors southport and harbour town for those on the coast) when I did my mechanic apprenticeship. I didn't complete it tho due to the service manager being a complete pr!ck. such is life. I've moved onto bigger and better things so he can shove it up his @ss :y: .

Now I've had a look thru the website just now, and haven't come across anything of help just yet. What I'm looking for is either a new 4k engine to suit my bro's ke70, or just a water pump off a 4k. I'd also like a 5 spd box to suit the 4k. If anyone knows where I might be able to source out either of the abovementioned, it would be greatly appreciated.

One more question; just about the water pump on the 4k. I attempted to replace the gasket for the water pump due to it leaking. I went to toyota to source out the gaskets and the only one they listed is for sealing the water pump to the 4mm (or however thick it is) metal plate that sits between the pump and the block. They didn't mention anything about a gasket between said plate and the block. Gasket goo by itself wont seal adequately. Is anyone aware of a gasket here or is it one you have to make up yourself? I managed to cut one up myself on the weekend, but I wasn't able to check how good it worked seeing as I cracked the friggen pump lol.

Alright well that's about enough out of me. Thanks in advance for the help. cheers.

Den.

Members dont see this ad

goo should seal it. make sure your oil and coolant free and get a smooth application of goo all around it.

if not as you did, fashion a gasket and goo both sides of it :y:

id buy a new pump if it were me, but i have a second hand one if you want it.

oh really? well is it still in ok working condition? bearings and everything ok? even a second hand pump is better than a cracked pump :y: . how much would you like for it? i can pick it up of an arvo if that suits, i'm driving to salisbury everyday this week for work.

in my past experiences i've found goo wont seal by itself, especially when put under pressure. looks like i'll have to go grab some more gasket paper.

Edited by drdenski

Oh really? I went down to stupidcheap on the weekend and couldn't find anything. Unless they can order in for me. might be on to a pump anyway.

But to clarify- there is a gasket you can get between that plate and the block?

cheers for the info, see if i can bust into a stupidcheap tomorrow arvo

I'd also like a 5 spd box to suit the 4k. If anyone knows where I might be able to source out either of the abovementioned, it would be greatly appreciated.

Alright well that's about enough out of me. Thanks in advance for the help. cheers.

Den.

Firstly, Welcome to rollaclub Den.

I now a bloke who has a KE70 5 spd box available soon.

I'll PM you some details and you can give him a call :y:

Cheers

Dougy