My Rolla

oze_idiot

Members dont see this ad

Simon's '99 Corolla Conquest. "the rolla"

Bought as standard as they come.

Here's a list of what i've done so far....

2" Sports exhaust w/ Extracters Hi-flow Cat & Single Sports muffler at the back w/ 45* angled tip.

K&N Hi-flow filter element

Hi-clone (yes, it has made a slight difference)

Sound System (as listed below)

17" Speedy Lite-7 Rims

Sportivo Turbo Front-lip Spoiler

Clear side-indicators

Toyota Slimline weathershields

Aftermarket Headlight bulbs (not sure exactly what they are, but there brighter and bluer)

5% Tint strip on front window

35% Tint on the rest of the windows

Replaced all instrument panel & display lights w/ LED green bulbs

2x Green LED bars in the drivers & Passengers footwells

1x Green LED bar behind front grill

1x Green LED bar mounted under bonnnet near front windscreen, hooked to a bonnet release.

Color coded interior panels (dash & gauge panel surrounds, center console and door armrests)

De-badged boot except for toyota logo.

still on the list of things to do...

new ignition leads & spark plugs

new clutch (most probably Exedy heavy duty)

looks like the pics are finally gonna up load so here's what i have so far...

post-2958-1222822969_thumb.jpg

This was taken the day i brought it home, stock as a rock.

post-2958-1222823173_thumb.jpg

Installing the audio. Took me all night. What a mess!

Pioneer Headunit

Fusion Encounter 6 1/2' Splits in the front doors

Fusion Powerplant 4" in the back (i didnt want 2 cut up the parcel shelf, so i just replaced the stock speakers.)

Fusion Encounter 600w Amp w/ 2x Fusion Encounter 300w Subs.

Its not a thumping stereo system, but it sounds awesome, the subs do the job nicely. (there is nothing gayer than a car sitting at the lights, with its boot rattling like all hell.)

post-2958-1222822797_thumb.jpg

Must have taken this the night i put my audio in, which explains the spanner and the disconnected battery lead. At this stage i only had the extracters and K&N air filter fitted.

post-2958-1222822849_thumb.jpg

Just after her 1st (& to this date, only) professional detail. it was a bit of a quiet morning so they didnt mind me parking in the middle of the room & taking a few pics.

post-2958-1222822907_thumb.jpg

Taken after getting the Sportivo Turbo Lip Spoiler painted/fitted, and finishing my custom grill (i just cut all the slats out of the standard one, sanded it smooth and filled it with bog, needless to say, its SOLID). I meshed it in with flyscreen, it looks better in person, but it still is just that tinyest bit too see-thru.

the foglight covers are missing coz i was going to do them in the same style as the the grill, but ive since given up on doing that, so i gotta pickup some replacements from the wreckers.

This is my current "hero shot" of the rolla, its only changed a little since then.

Will post some more pics as i take them, might give her a wash and get the camera out this weekend (weather permitting of course).

Edited by oze_idiot

Finished work early today and was abit bored.

So here are the up-to-date photos.

post-2958-1222835924_thumb.jpg

Note to self: remember to get those foglight covers.

post-2958-1222835756_thumb.jpg

17' Speedy "Lite-7" fitted with 205/40 R17. I'm still happy with them, but the gold ain't as gold as it used to be.

post-2958-1222835866_thumb.jpg

my self painted interior, all colour-coded.

post-2958-1222835708_thumb.jpg

just put the new TRD badge on, there's also a "Rolla" on the other side (taken off a '05 corolla, it was meant to be i think, coz the font has a capital R. it says 'Rolla' as opposed to 'rolla').

My exhaust tip, still as shiny as the day it went on.

post-2958-1222836902_thumb.jpg

Thanks Chris. Stickers By Design

She looks alright scrubbed up, but there are a lot of stonechips on the front end, and the roof has lost a bit of its clearcoat.

anyway, thats all for now.

that's tidy :hmm: nice work...engine bay looks schmicko!

you can get escuchion (sp?) plates (the bit that sits beside the fog lights from Toyota, I think about $30 a side?)

hey, you should check with your insurance company and see if they cover stone chips.... mine does, and I'm getting the front end resprayed...

that's tidy :hmm: nice work...engine bay looks schmicko!

you can get escuchion (sp?) plates (the bit that sits beside the fog lights from Toyota, I think about $30 a side?)

hey, you should check with your insurance company and see if they cover stone chips.... mine does, and I'm getting the front end resprayed...

Thanks alot.

will definitley be calling up my Insurance to see if i have stonechip cover, its worth a try.

i was gonna take a new engine bay photo yesterday, but it still looks the same (except for some dust)

• 1 month later...

just some plastic primer, matt black paint, a lot of masking tape and a steady hand.

they didn't turn out too bad, it was a toss-up between matt black and body colour, but i think body colour would've been too much.

how'd you go with your 'GTI' Grille, have you decided wether you'll keep it or not yet?

my flatmate took out her 06 WRX headlights to paint some part black and she broke one in the process, cost her USD 350 for a replacement lol... i like your tail-lights, I'm not a massive fan of any rollas past the 70s but i do like your car, its heaps clean and all the mods are tasteful. keep up posted with your progess

cheers, I'm pretty happy with the exterior of the car now, after xmas tho, i want to start on under the hood. i wouldnt mind some more power, not much, but i'd like the engine to be a little more responsive.

just some plastic primer, matt black paint, a lot of masking tape and a steady hand.

they didn't turn out too bad, it was a toss-up between matt black and body colour, but i think body colour would've been too much.

how'd you go with your 'GTI' Grille, have you decided wether you'll keep it or not yet?

how many coats did you give it??? Do you reckon satin black would look good??? I'll post up picks of mine when they're done :jamie:

Oh, I've decided that the car looks less girly and more aggressive without the red, so it's gone :yes:

Lesley :bash:

its hard to say exactly what satin black would look like, the only way to know, would be to try it i suppose.

i'd say i used about 5 - 6 coats of colour. i just kept going til the colur was even. you just have to watch when peel the masking tape off.

look forward to seeing the finished product, ive seen them on a gold rolla before, but it was just a normal one not a sportivo.