List Of Problems Please Help

djbausch

Heya guys

first love tha rolla club

next can any one shed any light on what i've done?

my KE20 is very problematic ATM

1.When indicating left and braking at the same time the indicator stops flashing

sometimes happens when I'm not braking

2.my battery light is always on but sometimes it is less dim than other times

3.my fuses seem to pop pretty quickly too sometimes within weeks of replacing them

used to be fine before i replaced the ol manual fuel pump with an electronic one

i've got the electric fuel pump wires going from the battery to the ignition then back

to the pump and grounded out on one of the strut screws

thanks dudes.

Members dont see this ad

1. Bad connection to frame on the indicator, Brake light is drawing all the current..

2. What is the voltage at the battery and the alternator B+ post when the engine is off and running?

3. Could you draw a diagram in paint of how the fuel pump is wired up? (You can't really link battery and ignition power or your car will keep running when you turn it off..) The fuses shouldn't keep popping, either you have a short somewhere or the fuse is underrated..

Okies ill have to recheck all of the wires to the indicator and brake lights then

i dunno what i need to test the battery and alternator like a voltage meter or something i guess huh?

I'm fairly noob to working on cars i changed my gear box by myself but on electrical stuff I'm stumped

Where on the ignition switch should i put the fuel pump? or is it supposed to come off the alternator?

Okies ill have to recheck all of the wires to the indicator and brake lights then

i dunno what i need to test the battery and alternator like a voltage meter or something i guess huh?

I'm fairly noob to working on cars i changed my gear box by myself but on electrical stuff I'm stumped

Where on the ignition switch should i put the fuel pump? or is it supposed to come off the alternator?

Volt meter is the best tool for auto electrical diagnostics..

Use the volt meter to find an ignition switched wire or power your pump off the positive side of your ignition coil..