October 22, 200817 yr comment_283831 hello all, I'm thinking of putting a ca20 pintara diff in my corolla because iv heard good things about them (strength ETC) . i was wondering if that would be extremly difficult and would i get away with a deeper in wheel and rolled guards ( I'm talking about shortning the diff) . and also are the axles in them good? because I'm going to be running a mini spool :doh: i no I'm a cheap bastard :laff: Report
October 29, 200817 yr comment_285587 pintara diffs are weak, only 25 spline, i would get a R31 diff and cut it down to sute, its the same deal really just r31 is wider and 28 pline axles. me and my bro do it, never had any problems, will hold up to some good power, and you can still run the pintara 4.11 - 1 diff gears if you like. i guess it really depends on the motor your goin to run? Report
October 31, 200817 yr comment_286071 Late model bluebird diffs, h190's are quite tough. Lots of guys running those with SR's etc. Don't go the earlier H160 though, break easy. Report
October 31, 200817 yr comment_286080 I a friend of mine put a pintara diff in his KE30 without shortening it. He used FWD offset wheels and it fitted fine, i don't think he even needed to flare the guards.. Report
November 2, 200817 yr comment_286610 The 25 spline Pintara diffs are similar to stock VL commo diffs and run 4.11. The Skylines are 28 spline similar to VL turbo and run 3.89. Both are the same width (1470mm) and have one side longer than the other and require cutting down one side to make it equal. I have both types sitting in my garage. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now