Nathan's 7agte Purple Sx Seca

wang_comander

Hi, my names nathan...... had this car for just over 2 years now. bought it 100% stock in pretty good condition (didnt have all the usual problems that these cars normally had)

I horded parts while i was on my L's and when i got my P's, i fitted most of them (which wasnt much really :)) then 2 weeks later i had an accident, was written off, but cos i decided not to tell my insurance company about the modifications, they woudlnt cover me, so i fixed it ouf of my own pocket.... and did all the work myself aswell :hmm: car was off the road for about 6 months.

Car:

Toyota Corolla SX seca series 2

Engine:

4AGE, stock. planned build of a 7AGE very soon

Body:

Was stock red, but as we speak its getting resprayed in VE commodore purple with 3 layer gold pearl, called 'Morpheous'

Shaved rear wiper

The entire front end was replaced for a second time so that it is 110% straight, there will be no evidence of an accident what so ever. hass been put on a chassis alligner checker thing, and its straight as it was 16 years ago :bash:

otherwise standard. car will get painted again the same colour in about 12 months, as a mate is suicideing the rear doors, and with a GT liberty bonnet scoop (NOT WRX), and jetspeed body kit, with New sportivo corolla side skirts modifyed to fit and most likely have the door handles shaved.

Wheels, Brakes, Suspension:

17x7" lenso p3000 rims, rashed worse than paris hilton - beingreplaced with 18x8" chrome with paintable insert wheels (see pics below)

Series 2 front brakes (bigger than series 1 :no2:) with DBA slotted front rotors, and EBC greenstuff pads allround (over 800dollars worth :S)

KYB excell G gas shocks all round

kingspring superlows all round - soon being replaced with D2 coilovers (darn you jaryd :bash:)

stock front strut brace.

Interior/ice:

Retrimmed in yellow and gold vinyl and suede. dash, door trims, console, all pillars etc. still waiting for the roof lining, rear seat, and parcel tray cos i have to get the colour custom dyed to match cos i waited to long to get it finished and they stopped making that colour :D

S15 Silvia front seats

////Alpine CDA9855r headunit

////Alpine 6.5" Type X front splits

////Alpine 2 chanell amp for front splits

Fusion Jona lomu series monobloc amp for sub.

Pioneer 12" sub

NESA 7" fold out DVD screen in the front. Getting 7" screens for all 4 headrests (so people following me can watch aswell) and in the back seat in the centre facing forwards

2 strobe lights inside the car

Some autobarn special steering wheel

Future Plans:

Finish all the body work i want done by the end of next year (refer sig picture)

All the shit i have alreayd said that needs to be done :bash:

Whiteline sway bars and new bushes cos mine are flogged

Black Shag pile floor carpet I'm making ;)

move one strobe light under the car, the other inside

shave the engine bay and hide everything that isnt needed ie. wiring etc.

Billet steering wheel

Issota Urban glow shift knob, handbrake handle, and door sill trims

modify a set of S13 silvia angle headlights to fit

Build my motor the way i want it done.... 7age.

Hi comp toda pistons, fully balanced bottom end from pulley to clutch, lite weight belfab rods, TRD headgasket and shavd block and head for compression up around 12-13:1 for more torque.

cams around 272degree-ish with about 8.1mm lift, HKS valves, springs, and a 3 angle valve grind, port and polished head obviously, along with the obvious exhaust, and my ST20V quads with open trumpets i have already. Then ill find a tuner, and pick my computer he wants to use, and get it all running.

but thats a while off yet :bash: id like to crack around 100fwkw, and would LOVE to run into the 13sec racket, but id be more than happy wih a low 14

Thats pretty much it. long post but darn you, i don't care :bash:

When i got it

P1000366.jpg

P1000370.jpg

then

Image049.jpg

Image056.jpg

After my accident

P1010015.jpg

P1010022.jpg

as of a few weeks ago sitting at my painters workshop

Image004-1.jpg

Image005-1.jpg

Image006-1.jpg

Image007.jpg

Image008-1.jpg

rims I'm getting with the inserts same colour as the car and pink walled tyres

prod739.jpg

**AS OF TODAY**

just got back from the workshop.

inside of all doors, and bonnet arre all painted. rear wiper and washer jet is shaved, and the SX spoiler modyfied so itlooks like it was never there.

alls thats left is to paint the exterior surface (ie what you see when the car drives past you on the road) of the doors, bonnet, boot, and guards, and bumper. and its all done.

sounds like alot of work, but when you consider allt eh work that he has done already, this is a VERY small portion

- Nathan

Edited by wang_comander

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here are somer REALLY poor quality pics taken less than 1 hour ago |blink|. car is 50% assembled panel wise. just need to fiddle with the body gaps, refit all the rubbers etc. and then lights and bumpers.

pics again were taken with phone camera, its raining today (so no sunlight) and car was tucekd away in the corner of his workshop. but the colour is spot on. should be complete mid to late next week.

Image012-1.jpg

Image011-1.jpg