Back Fire? Please Help

gryffinwings

Ok, so I definitely know that I have a backfiring issue, going through my exhaust. Now, all I know is these issues, this is on a 3-TC motor with stock carb.

Car Idles at roughly 1000-1100 RPMs

Car seems to run rich

Back fire happens backing off the throttle

Help is appreciated in figure out what my problem is.

I've changed these parts:

New NGK Plugs

New Wireset

New Distributer Cap

New Distributer Rotor

MSD Blaster 2 Coil

Header back exhaust installed

I'm thinking it's just that my car news a carburetor adjustment and/or timing adjusted, but I'm not sure right now. Thanks for any help.

Members dont see this ad

My car had this same problem IE: running rich and backfiring. I ended up adjusting the timing, Leaning out the mixture a bit and Getting a carb cleaner.

After that it has had no problems and performance had actually increased a bit. Although i have a 2tc it could be abouts the same. Good luck :bash:

my 3tc used to do the same thing. hook up a timing light and see what the timing is doing, it should be around 10 BTDC, maybe 8 if you guys have pollution gear which i think you do. but just check the timing and set it at 10, go for a drive with a couple of tools in your pocket and just adjust it on the side of the road until you are happy with the way the car drives.

EDIT: if you still have the problem after the timing and you want to set the idle mixtures etc let me know because i have a US 3tc manual that is probably more helpful to you than it is to me so i will write up the procedure.

Edited by godlovesugly