Ra60 Ignition Sys. Into 4k

Has anybody set up and used the Jaycar HEI (as mentioned in the FAQ), along with the Coil Driver? I'm quite interested in getting this system up and running on my housemates car.

EDIT: Might not use this, I found I have a complete RA60 dizzy, ignitor and coil sitting out the back. Has anybody done this conversion, or can give me some tips to how the hell I'm going to make it work?

Edited by the_random_hero

Members dont see this ad

Ive got one sitting in the shed if you want it along with MAP sensor, hand controller, coil driver, knock sensor etc.

If your handy with electronics you should be able to get it going, i think i slipped up when i put it together :dance:

I never got to use it but plenty of guys on oldholden.com (which is where i group bought it from) can testify that they can do wonders.

Ive got one sitting in the shed if you want it along with MAP sensor, hand controller, coil driver, knock sensor etc.

If your handy with electronics you should be able to get it going, i think i slipped up when i put it together :hmm:

I never got to use it but plenty of guys on oldholden.com (which is where i group bought it from) can testify that they can do wonders.

Have you tried to see if it works, or just given up together? I'm fairly interested, pretty handy with electronics too. I'd need to get it posted to 4118 QLD, if you can get me a price altogether I'd be extremely interested :dance:

Yea, hooked it up to my ute and the idle was all over the place and the screen displays the wrong characters. Left it for six months and gave it another go at getting it right but the smae results. so ive given up. its just sitting in a box in the shed. I think there are a few resistors out of place or something, i still have the construction manual. Paid about $150 about 12 months ago. say $100 + postage. cus if you can get it going its a very versatile unit (dual ignition curves, tacho output, real time display, timing retard with the knock sensor etc)

Yea, hooked it up to my ute and the idle was all over the place and the screen displays the wrong characters. Left it for six months and gave it another go at getting it right but the smae results. so ive given up. its just sitting in a box in the shed. I think there are a few resistors out of place or something, i still have the construction manual. Paid about $150 about 12 months ago. say $100 + postage. cus if you can get it going its a very versatile unit (dual ignition curves, tacho output, real time display, timing retard with the knock sensor etc)

Hmm, I'll consider it. I just found the RA60 Celica out the back has a complete ignition system, which should go in a bit easier than trying to do something quite fancy.

Anybody put one of these into a KE55?

This is the thread, make sure you rep him if you are on Toymods. The thread is pretty long and detailed with lots of photos and wiring adjustment diagrams. Not really practical or fair to paste it in. This guy was also offering to supply completed units at a very reasonable price, although it was a while ago.

Not sure how relevant this is but may prove useful.

It's a long time since I had K motors, and am just getting back into T's after a long sojourn with A's.

Even if the bits won't fit a K dizzy, may inspire someone to investigate other Toyota stuff that may go in. Just goes to show what is possible with a bit of lateral thinking.

Edited by parrot