4k-e Reluctor Dizzy/ignitor Query !

Banjo

I have a KE55 2 door coupe running a stock standard 4K-U engine. (Heron head with dished pistons)

I have gone through all the common experiences of constantly having to attend to the points, or run the risk of the rubbing block wearing away and point gap diminishing rapidly.

Anyway, managed to get hold of a 4K distributor with reluctor triggering. The distributor does not have the ignitor built in like some of the later 5K electronic distributors.

The distributor did not come with an ignitor, so I looked around and picked up a brand new Tridon model TIM015 on eBay which is suppose to be a direct replacement for a common Bosch ignitor. Unfortunately it didn't come with any documentation and I don't know which terminal is which on the ignitor. I have searched Google but cannot find anything.

The Tridon TM015 has four spade terminals on it marked 3, 7, 15 & 16. These I have been told relate to the same number on the equivalent Bosch unit.

I presume two of the terminals connect directly to reluctor sensor & the other two go directly across the ignition coil.

Three of the spade terminals are the same size, 7, 15, & 16. The spade terminal marked no: 3 is a little smaller, presumably for correct orientation.

Does anyone out there have any information that may assist me in working out how to hook this ignitor up to my 4K reluctor distributor. Maybe a wiring diagram of a 4KE showing the external ignitor terminal numbers ?

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

If it works out OK, I have access to lots of these ignitor modules brand new very cheap, from an eBayer, but first I have to get this one going.

:D

Members dont see this ad