January 22, 200917 yr comment_310453 As many of you know recently I swapped 4k motors in my zook (then regretfully blew its head gasket 3 weeks later then rebuilt it). I am just wondering what needs to be done to simply change engine munbers on my rego details. The motor I put (4kc) in is the same as the motor that got taken out so the car is already engineered for that motor. I have heard its a simple case of getting a blue slip that only covers change of engine munber then going to the rta and pay them some silly little fee to change the details. Any help guys on what the proper procedure is? Report
January 22, 200917 yr comment_310454 call the RTA or check on their website for what they want you to do. in vic, if swapping the same engine in, you just take your car in and say you've swapped engines, they go out and confirm what engine # it is and print a new rego sticker with the new details. dF Report
January 22, 200917 yr comment_310465 Go get a blue slip, that will show the new engine number, then just take that to the RTA and give them you moula, and they will print you a new rego label from memory. Report
January 22, 200917 yr Author comment_310472 Cheers guys. I honestly hope they don't check anything else that usually constitutes a blue slip cause with some of the other blue slip stuff I reckon the sierra would not pass, so hoping they only check the number change. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now