4afc Auto Tranny

5krolla

Hey guys, my old man's 4AFC-powered AE92 Corolla Seca has shit itself :) , and now it'll only kick into gear (auto) when you stomp the accelerator. He's taken it to the mechanics and they said something about the clutch plate slipping, and to get a reconditioned gearbox and have it fitted would cost between $1600 and $2000...

Does this price sound right?

Is anyone selling a reconditioned gearbox for the 4AFC?

Does anyone know a good place in Victoria that would specify in Corolla Auto Tranny's?

Fix the car or scrap it and get another one? (keeping in mind that we only have about $3500, including rego/insurance)

Your help is appreciated - Josh.

Members dont see this ad
Hey guys, my old man's 4AFC-powered AE92 Corolla Seca has shit itself :) , and now it'll only kick into gear (auto) when you stomp the accelerator. He's taken it to the mechanics and they said something about the clutch plate slipping, and to get a reconditioned gearbox and have it fitted would cost between $1600 and $2000...

Does this price sound right?

Is anyone selling a reconditioned gearbox for the 4AFC?

Does anyone know a good place in Victoria that would specify in Corolla Auto Tranny's?

Fix the car or scrap it and get another one? (keeping in mind that we only have about $3500, including rego/insurance)

Your help is appreciated - Josh.

Its only about $100 Worth of parts needed to fix, how are you with DIY?

or second hand transmission from a wrecker

Its only about $100 Worth of parts needed to fix

I'm alright with DIY stuff, but i've never worked on FWD cars before, is it that much different? What sort of parts do i need? The whole transmission or just inside bits?

I'm going to Pick-a-part on Saturday, i'll have a play around with some of the FWD Corollas there and see how i go.

Thanks for ur help - Josh.

I'm alright with DIY stuff, but i've never worked on FWD cars before, is it that much different? What sort of parts do i need? The whole transmission or just inside bits?

I'm going to Pick-a-part on Saturday, i'll have a play around with some of the FWD Corollas there and see how i go.

Thanks for ur help - Josh.

A S/H transmission would be the quickest fix, there is a lot of labor required to overhaul a Automatic transmission, the main components are orings, gaskets, then bands plates as required,