Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Clutch Noise

Featured Replies

Hey.

 

When I put the clutch in and out I can hear a noise from the engine bay (with the window down). It's like a "whish" noise.. like air is escaping and then stopping or something? It tends to happen more when I'm at higher revs. The clutch is new. I'm pretty sure the spigot bearing was changed shortly after the clutch was put in... but my memory is crap, so that could be wrong. It's really strange and was just wondering what it might be.

 

Cheers.

  • Author
Probably a thrust bearing not a spigot bearing.

 

When it engages with the pressure plate and starts spinning, if it's knackered it'll make a whirring noise that changes with engine speed.

Oh I see.. cheers!
  • Author

Hmmm after having both windows down and driving with a passenger, we discovered that it sounds a lot more like exhaust rattling... but all my exhaust manifold bolts are done up... and the exhaust from the end of the extractors onwards is new.

I had a noise from what I thought was my clutch on its way out.

Just turned out to be the bracket that holds the exhaust to the bell-housing had lost a nut.

Replaced the nut and the noise vanished.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.