Everything posted by Mybowlcut
-
Spotted
Dunno if I've already mentioned this, but what looks like a silver T18 with some nice front rims in Highgate. I think you work at the mechanics on the corner down there...
-
Spotted
Haha I dunno what model it was. I've only ever had KE70s, so have never been good at differentiating.
-
Spotted
Really nice white KE10/20/30 in Highgate just now.
-
Spotted
Silver T18 with nice wheels and I think a black bonnet on Yeo Ave in Highgate.
-
Spotted
Sweet. It's that thirsty is it? Shit haha! I saw a white, kinda new Chaser in the city today, looked nice.
-
Spotted
Yep. :) I can see the hills from my house and it's annoying me haha... can get my unrestricted motorbike license on the 29th of April, so gonna save up until then. Was going to go with Raven to that hills cruise last week but his phone died.
-
Spotted
Beige KE70 in Highgate. Nice rims.
-
Adelaide
Sweet. Sounds like you've been in the exact situation I'm going to be in - cheers for the advice.
-
Adelaide
Yeah I'll probably end up catching a bus in haha. I doubt that I'll walk/ride into work as I'm lazy. Meet and greet sounds pretty good. :)
-
Adelaide
I'm pretty much looking to go in or around the city and have got a list of apartments I'm interested in which helps haha. I've got some of those suburbs you mentioned in there I think. I found out today that there's no parking at the job though (which is on Currie street), so will be either walking, cycling or, worst case, bus. I've realised that if you want to get a decent studio apartment in the city it's gonna be $350 on average. $270 seems to be the average for suburbs neighbouring the city so it's kinda an easy choice... just not too sure what I'll do about transport, as apparently it's a 45 minute walk into the CBD from neighbouring suburbs. Sweeeet. I know NO ONE in SA. Be good to meet someone from over east on Rollaclub. Fastest car that I've been in (where the driver actually gave it some) was Twinky Todd's 4AGZE corolla a while back. That was scarily fast, so I look forward to it haha.
-
Adelaide
Umm probably 5-10. The outskirts I guess... the closer the better as I'm imagining that traffic is going to be a headf@$k like it is in Perth.
-
Adelaide
Bumping this thread so I can get opinions on good suburbs to live in SA that are close to the CBD as that's where I'll be working. I'll be looking for a cheapish 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 garage place to rent. If anyone knows of nice suburbs close to the CBD, please post 'em up! Cheers.
-
Spotted!
overrated red T18 on Riverside Drive this afternoon. Had a nice, rough exhaust note.
-
Corollas In Movies
Nope. All I saw were the panels of a panelvan. :jamie:
-
Corollas In Movies
Didn't know America had Hiluxes? Looks a lot like a panelvan, odd.
-
Corollas In Movies
Nah it was parked, facing the camera.
-
Corollas In Movies
@ 4:50.. is that a panelvan? Lol.
-
Window Replacements
Sweet! Will ring around wreckers today, thanks Chris. :D
-
Window Replacements
Sorry, meant the rear passenger window. Do you think if I found a whole door at the wreckers that someone could install it for me?
-
Window Replacements
Some douche bag broke my window a couple of nights ago. I rang up Obriens: ~$370, Instant: ~$300. Does anyone know of anyone that can do it cheaper than this? The vehicle is a 1995 Nissan Micra. Cheers.
-
Adelaide
Here's hoping I work in the CBD then haha. Sounds good.
-
Adelaide
Wow great reply - thanks for taking the time to write all that. :D I don't know where I'll be staying yet as I'm yet to find out where the office is. I don't really go to many festivals so that stuff isn't a problem haha. Thanks Raven! I love the old Corollas and was thinking that since SA seems to sport more of them than any other state that I might purchase another KE70 when I'm earning more and do the things I've always wanted to do to it. ;) That or an old BMW. :D I'm not really into clubs, festivals and stuff - more of a nerd than anything - but still into street bikes, cars, gaming, programming... sports I enjoy tennis, golf and kicking the footy around occasionally. I'll be working for the Department of Human Services as a Technical Programmer - as for the actual agency (e.g. health, Centrelink) I don't know yet haha. I am still waiting for the offer package which will tell me all of that, as well as the office location. I've seen a few photos of Adelaide hills from photos of peoples' cars here on Rollaclub and it looks awesome... if I could live in the hills that would be sweet, but I think I'll be renting some studio apartment in the city... dunno yet haha. Again, I don't really go out drinking and shit, maybe the friends I make over there will so I will end up doing it too.. who knows. ;)
-
Adelaide
Hey guys. Haven't posted on RC in a while, but knew there are a lot of guys from SA on here so thought I'd ask... what's Adelaide like? I landed a graduate job over there and will be moving (I'm guessing somewhere in the city) in February. I'm curious to know how it compares to Perth, pros and cons etc. I've heard many peoples opinions who are in Perth but would like to know about it from people who live there. Cheers.
- Spotted!
-
Spotted!
Nice looking and sounding red KE70 on Lord St tonight (10pm). Didn't sound like a 4K... Nice height and rims. I was in the blue Micra.