Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ae92 4age Igniton Coil

Featured Replies

The previous owner of my car has installed a new coil, annoyingly - not the right one :hmm: .

Problem with the current coil is that the it has the wrong connection for the lead and it is only mounted off of the one mounting hole.

As you can see in the picture below, I am currently getting by with elastic bands to hold the lead on the coil - not a situation I am comfortable with... speed bumps have caused the lead to jump off a few times now.

post-7070-1235463515_thumb.jpg

I've tried a bunch of automotive stores already, and haven't gotten anywhere - they don't have the right coil listed in their books.

I dropped into Toyo Spares the other day, had a chat with one of the fellows there... he reckoned that my car is Jap built (yet it says Toyota Australia on the plates?).

Anyway... long story short, the coil is not in any of the Auto joints as it is not an officially Australian Corolla/coil.

I've seen several pics on the net in the engine bay's of AE92's with the coil that I need (points at teknoboi) :no2: .

 

So, if you've been down this road before - or have 5 minutes to have a look at your AE92's coil please let me know :wink: .

Edited by Kozmo

hey mate best bet to have the right ignition coil for your rolla is to ring your nearest Toyota dealership and get a genuine part,might be costly but you have the right part.

(make sure you give them you chassis or vin number) hope this helps you?? :hmm:

Edited by drc_ke20

don't need the vin munber if you have the toyota part no :hmm:

 

19500

9080‑16030 4AGE..AE92

90919‑02183 4AGE..AE92..(GT, FXGT)

 

try both those numbers above :no2: (I'm not entirely sure which one, and I'm not going out to the shed at this time of night)

  • Author

I was guessing that the word genuine would come up. Oh well, I don't mind paying extra to get the right part for the job.

Sorry, I should have been more specific; my car is an SX Seca, model says AE92R and the VIN says AE93.

I would assume that the same part# from the GT (90919‑02183) would apply to my model too?

just tell them your vin number and all the details of the car should be there.if not say your engine code(4age) aswell. :hmm:

I was guessing that the word genuine would come up. Oh well, I don't mind paying extra to get the right part for the job.

Sorry, I should have been more specific; my car is an SX Seca, model says AE92R and the VIN says AE93.

I would assume that the same part# from the GT (90919‑02183) would apply to my model too?

 

my seca says the same on the build plate.

 

actually i go have a quick look at mine, and yep 90919‑02183 is the number, on my igniter :hmm:

 

just tell them your vin number and all the details of the car should be there.if not say your engine code(4age) aswell. :lolcry:

 

they like you even more if you have the part no, as its quicker to look up, then searching through and possible getting 2 different part numbers like i did on the EPC :)

Edited by MYSTIK

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Ok, I sent an email inquiry to the local Toyota dealer. I got a quick friendly, response... but the price tag + the wait of ordering the coil in from overseas scared me away.

 

I did a bit more poking around and found that the Tridon part no. (TIC047) came up a couple of times.

The local Repco store didn't have one in stock, so I put in an order for one. The next weekend I went down to pick it up, before handing over the money I open up the box - beautiful, it's got all the right connectors on it :S well, that's made my day.

 

Only thing now... I have a chopped-up plug and HT lead on the car, which totally wrong 8| .

Oh well, after a dive into the odds and bods box I found two small female blade connectors... with a bit of heat-shrink to insulate them from one another and some solder + a rubber boot I've got myself a new plug.

 

Here's the magic moment, time to wire it up... lets follow the + and - wires back from the old coil and solder up the new. Better check with the multimeter first just in case... sure enough, the old coil has been connected up the wrong way around :y: . Hope my spark plugs haven't been eaten away...

 

Everything's as it should be now so I'm happy :yes:

 

Thanks for your input everyone :bash: .

thats good to read you fix her up mate! :bash:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.