March 8, 200917 yr comment_325753 I should have posted a new topic instead of writing in someone elses..... I have just degreed my cam in today and got to setting the tappet clearences of the 3k.I have consulted the sheet that was given to me by my re-grinder and it states.Running clearance IN .017 and Ex 0.17.Now my question is, are those the tappet clearances i should use when the valves are hot or cold? Cheers for an help in advance.. Edited March 8, 200917 yr by harun Report
March 8, 200917 yr comment_325760 Alloy head is always hot!!!! If it's to noisy, just take a couple of thou off it, won't make any difference. Report
March 9, 200917 yr Author comment_325862 Alloy head is always hot!!!! If it's to noisy, just take a couple of thou off it, won't make any difference. Ok cool, So what would be my specs for valve clearance on the cold? I presume i have to set it to hot clerances once the engine is at operating temp? Report
March 9, 200917 yr comment_325989 mmm, very good question, set them to about 25 thou, at least then you'll have no issues when you start it. It'll be just noisy. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now