Ke30 Front End, Common Upgrades?

frenchy89

Hi guys,

Have just bought a beastish little, one owner, ke30 sedan for $800 bucks with rego till August :lolcry:

I'm currently in the midst of sanding her down for a respray as the paints a bit faded and then contemplating the next step beyond that. Was wondering what sort of upgrades I can do to the front end to give her a some more braking power, get her a bit lower to the ground and improve the handling. I have heard of others putting ta22 celica struts in which is supposedely shorter but I'm not sure of the logistics of it all?

Also wanting to keep the 4X100 stud pattern unless I am somehow able to fit ke70 gear to it and gain the 4X114.3mm stud pattern. Can it be done?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Cheers,

Rhys

Members dont see this ad
Hi guys,

Have just bought a beastish little, one owner, ke30 sedan for $800 bucks with rego till August :lolcry:

I'm currently in the midst of sanding her down for a respray as the paints a bit faded and then contemplating the next step beyond that. Was wondering what sort of upgrades I can do to the front end to give her a some more braking power, get her a bit lower to the ground and improve the handling. I have heard of others putting ta22 celica struts in which is supposedely shorter but I'm not sure of the logistics of it all?

Also wanting to keep the 4X100 stud pattern unless I am somehow able to fit ke70 gear to it and gain the 4X114.3mm stud pattern. Can it be done?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Cheers,

Rhys

The KE30 has 114.3 stud pattern already :laff:

Also wanting to keep the 4X100 stud pattern unless I am somehow able to fit ke70 gear to it and gain the 4X114.3mm stud pattern.

just a quickie.

The KE30 already shares the same stud pattern (4x114.3) as the KE70.

KE1X and KE2X have the 4x110 pattern.

cheers,

Slapper

PS. have a look in the FAQ (link at the top of the rollaclub page) - there's a section in there on brake upgrades.

Edited by slapper

just a quickie.

The KE30 already shares the same stud pattern (4x114.3) as the KE70.

KE1X and KE2X have the 4x110 pattern.

cheers,

Slapper

PS. have a look in the FAQ (link at the top of the rollaclub page) - there's a section in there on brake upgrades.

Looked in the FAQ. There is some mention of alternatives but no real know how. Has anyone done anything like this to their KE30?

Sorry to steal your thread but hopefully this answers your question aswell..

i was wondering if it was possible to put XT130 control arms, and 86 coilovers into a KE36/8 wagon? and also will the rear shocks that are suited for an 86/70 fit in aswell?

Edited by jordan_ke