Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Burning Oil??

Featured Replies

Hey Guys,

 

I just got my car back and its burning oil now to quick.

I got heaps of Smoke coming from the Exhaust when I put my foot down.

And I got very low oil (like next to nothing in the engine) I just topped it up 1 1/2 weeks ago now I just had to top up again.

Could it be the piston rings?

 

Any help is appreciated.

I was running penrite 40/70 and still going through a litre every 200kays!

 

very burnt valve brought it down in the end.

i sure as hell wouldnt have wanted to be behind you at a set of lights :P

 

I'm only trying to find out more info, because using a oil that is to thin can also be the problem, and using a thicker oil is only a bandaid solution until either the motor is rebuild/replaced

 

that and i forgot to ask how many km's on the motor?

  • Author

I'm using Castrol magnatec should I change to a different kind?

What would you suggest?

Also this smoke issue is happening since I chnaged the SC before it did not blow smoke as much as now?

Id be going for a thicker oil, and IMO steer clear of castrol oils.

 

100,000kms on the motor and its chewing through oil, ouch.

 

Did you rebuild it? Was it bored or just given a light hone? what else was done?

 

Id say its definitely a problem internally if Its using that much oil and hasnt before (under the same circumstances ie.brand/weight of oil etc)

 

and Mystik, I had lots of people (usually honkeys in noisy riced up cars) tell me "Hey man, your cars blowing out tonnes of stuff"

 

I just replied with "I know" and a big smile.

 

thing was like a diesel (smoke wise) on takeoffs! lol.

  • Author

what oil u recommend?

 

I havent done anything to it justy got it about it a month ago

I don't know what oil was in it before?

But is it worth it to rebuild or just get a new engine?

Edited by ae92supercharged4u

try a 20/50 oil

 

i use to use castrol gtx2 20/50 and never had any problems.

 

I'm now currently using shell helix 20/50 as i bought 6 bottles late last year, and both my 4a use less than half a litre every 5000km

Definately change your oil...

 

Magnatec is way to thin for your engine...

 

As suggested, 10W40 or 20W50 would be the way to go...

 

Try a decent Valvoline Mineral Oil, stay away from synthetics...

  • Author

I will get some oil today and change it.

 

thanks guys,

I hope thats the only problem as of yesterday the smoke when I put the foot down is like a diesel now hehehe

I guess the cars behind me must've loved it :D

If not I most likely got to rebuild the engine then eh?

I was thinking to turbo it anyway,should I rebuild and get the turbo done?

Or should just find a new engine and drop it straight in?

Also what Turbo engine would be the ideal replacement for the 4agze that would drop straight into the ae92?

 

thanks guys for the help :yes:

Edited by ae92supercharged4u

  • Author

Hey Guys,

Changed oil yesterday and its still smoking a little bit but it heaps better now the smoke could hopefully still be some leftovers from the other oil in the system.

 

thanks for all the help guys, :y:

What oil did you end up using???

 

 

If it's still smoking a little bit after a while, try adding some Wynns Stop Smoke...

Edited by Rolla Boy

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.