Vacuum Lines 3k Dizzy To Carb

gday lads hows it all goin. messing round with me missus corolla and found the vacuum line had been resting on the exhaust manifold and melted it through, found one had fallen off the temp sender/thing off the thermostat and one had split right up next to the carby, so my question is... ive found 2 lines from the carby running vacuum, one just off the carby under the fuel line, and one just above the manifold on the carb(this one seems much stronger in vacuum)

ive bypassed the shit off the thermostat because i can't see its purpose, i have one line from the carbon canister running above the air/fuel mixture, and i've used the t-piece to run both other vacuum lines to the dizzy

post-7052-1240827223.jpg

any help will be good because i know i need to run vacuum to advance the dizzy but I'm just guessin at the moment cheers

Members dont see this ad

There should be a outlet just under where the fuel line goes in, comes out at about a 45 degeree angle. Thats the advance port.

The water temp thing is a thermo switch that opens and shuts with the water temp. adjusts the spark advance to suit. early rollas don't have it later ones do.