4a-c Performace Extractors

Gecko71

If you want twin carbies for a 4AC, the easiest option is to get hold of some factory 3A-U twin downdrafts. They come in those 2 door corolla II's from the mid 80's. Rare, but I've seen 2 sets come up on ebay Australia in the last 2 years.

Twin carbs for a 4A-C? I've never seen/heard of it, but it might just be an uncommon thing.

You'll spend $500 min for a twin carb setup (incl manifold, linkages, carbs themselves and perhaps tuning)

so you're better off going the extra $500 (ish) and buying a 4age for some REAL power increase.

ps. LukeAE71 says "at the end of the day a lot" haha

Members dont see this ad

Hi Folks

Decent Mods on a 4AC are out there and for some (me) 4AGE are not feasable/allowed. Some of us race in production cetegories that do not allow the 4AGE conversion. So please we do understand that $$$ / Power ratio are cheaper with a 4AGE, but for those that love 4AC power, please respect it.

4AC was first used by TRD in 82/83 in WRC and a few other weird categories, as a result there are some GFB's for them.

In the US theire AE86 for many years only had the 4AC prior to the later version of with the twinky we all have come to love. As a result they have (Those in the US) have mountains of awesome mods, forged pistons, rods, manifolds, cams all pretty cool for a 4AC. I myself have the twin carb thing going on, some more detail of my setup is detailed in this thread

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=30046

The 4AC also has some good factory mods that can be done cheap with big results including 32/36 Webbers and adapters bought on ebay for pennys. Which generates only a small increase in power, but significantly better fuel econony over factory.

So the word should be to embrace the 4AC, besides any more than 2 valves per cylinder is excess weight...... :lol: