May 20, 200917 yr comment_346238 just quickly, i pulled a tailshaft from a ke25, u-series (banjo/jap) diff and the 2spd toyoglide box. went outside just before and tested it against my spare K50. what i didn't expect was it to slide straight onto the output shaft of the K50! i was under the impression that the auto yolk from a toyoglide was like that of the 3spd powerglide (ie. different from the manual yolks) can anyone shed some more light? cheers dF Report
May 20, 200917 yr comment_346240 That's odd - I know that my Toyoglide was definitely different than my k50 yoke. Different diameter I reckon. Report
May 21, 200917 yr comment_346428 I see... i was under the impression that the auto yolk from a toyoglide was like that of the 3spd powerglide Nup, the trimatic is a very different beast again! Report
May 21, 200917 yr Author comment_346557 i was under the impression that the auto yolk from a toyoglide was like that of the 3spd powerglide (ie. different from the manual yolks) you need to read that bit as a whole. i thought that the auto boxes have different yolks to each other, and the manual yolks are different from both the auto boxes. so 3 types of yolks. anyone else have any input? Edited May 21, 200917 yr by dfunkt Report
May 22, 200917 yr comment_346598 Independent of yoke size, I found that they had a different number of splines..... Ke10 2 speed toyoglide tail shaft would not fit the k40 box I had :D . Other people have told me that they slide straight in. Auto box had 16 teeth and the k40 box has either a 20 or 21 teeth input shaft. Still on the hunt for a ke20 tail shaft Anthony Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now