Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3k/4k Camshaft.

Featured Replies

I`ve been given a few 3k/4k hotty cams, in real good condition and am looking for info as to their specs.

I have two that are marked CE 657, one marked CE 701 and one marked LM 298 S.

I`m aware that the CE stands for Camshaft Engineering but that company has now shut down in Brisvegas so no info is to be had from them.

The CE701 gets a mention in the how to build a hot K motor section but the others are completely unknown to me.

Can someone out there help please.

p.s. also scored a real nicely ported 4k head with 3k big port manifold, a set of balanced conrods with new 1st oversize pistons and a balanced crankshaft. A bloke that I know is having a clean up of his farm and was going to sell it all for scrap.

If you've got a spare engine you can put them in and measure their specs on one cylinder.

 

A degree wheel will give you inlet/exhaust opening times and a dial guage will tell you valve lift... You might have something quite surprising in there!

 

Nice score! I'm amazed at what is parked behind the sheds on farms around the Central West here...

  • Author
If you've got a spare engine you can put them in and measure their specs on one cylinder.

 

A degree wheel will give you inlet/exhaust opening times and a dial guage will tell you valve lift... You might have something quite surprising in there!

 

Nice score! I'm amazed at what is parked behind the sheds on farms around the Central West here...

 

Thanks mate, I`ll give it a try. My mate also has a smith load of KE 20 bits that have been stored for years. He and his sons used to race them in hill climbs and local sprints. I haven`t had a chance yet to go through what is there, but I will as soon as I get the chance. I know that there is a KE 20 roller amongst it all and a heap of interior stuff that was taken out prior to conversion to race cars.

Again, thanks.

Thanks mate, I`ll give it a try. My mate also has a smith load of KE 20 bits that have been stored for years. He and his sons used to race them in hill climbs and local sprints. I haven`t had a chance yet to go through what is there, but I will as soon as I get the chance. I know that there is a KE 20 roller amongst it all and a heap of interior stuff that was taken out prior to conversion to race cars.

Again, thanks.

 

It would be good if you could sell whatever you don't need on the forums.

can't help you with the cams other than also suggesting you put each in a motor and take readings from there.

  • Author
It would be good if you could sell whatever you don't need on the forums.

can't help you with the cams other than also suggesting you put each in a motor and take readings from there.

 

Thanks mate, as soon as I get a chance to catalogue and photograph what is there, it will be open slather in the sales forum. The 3K boys will go nuts!!!

Just on that note, I did the same thing with my cam, plotted the points of the cam lobe etc against TDC.

 

If I were to do it again, I would actually use my dial gauge measuring off the top of a lifter, rather than straight off the cam lobe itself. You can do it but you need to account for the diameter of the tip of your dial gauge.

 

also, Plot your curve at less than 5 degree increments - I did 5 and it would have been better to do it at 2 deg or similar.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.