Tyre Preferences And Sizing

I've been searching around on the internet for weeks, and I'm finding it hard to get a good tyre in a 185/60r13 or similar. I know felix has yokohama a539's, which are no longer available. Seems to be very hard to find something of equivalent quality in the size I want. Damn these fast and furious people who think everything should run 17" or bigger rims!! ;) - read about what yokohama says about the s drives!!

firestone firehawk tz100's are pretty good. I'm told by some people pirelli dragons are good, and other people think they are cheap feeling especially for a pirelli. Not too sure about yokohama a drives, I was in a pulsar with a set the other day and they seemed to be worn a bit odd, and weren't impressive. Pirelli P6's seem good but don't come in my size. Supercats seem ok but again don't come in my size and get scary when more than half worn out. Michelin tyres seem to last too long and get a bit scary when the rubber hardens. Any ideas? what are you all running?

I'm after something nice and grippy that doesn't aquaplane or go insane scary in the wet. 30,000km tyre life is ok by my book if they perform well.

Robert.

Members dont see this ad

ive never liked pirellis on any wet road.

can't really help any more than that, i would suggest doing the ring around, differen tyre franchises will be able to get you different brands etc, but 13s are getting hard to find anyway you look at it.

can't go to a 14?