Ke70 On A Budget

Ke70-Pig

As Ibought her for $350 from this dude in Ipswich, Had shagged suspension and rust in the boot. Rust has been cut out and plated, and i fit Monroe GT gas struts in the front.

About to get dropped on lowered falcon springs rear and commodore springs front. And trying to decide between konig rewinds/ superlites, or five point challenger rims.. Any suggestions??

I'll post up some new pics soon, it's now got a black bonnet, and soon will be two-tone from the door handles up black and silver underneath.

Keen to meet up with anyone from the Brisbane area to do photshoots etc, and cruises... But I'll look in the event calendar...

PS anyone that knows what munchies is?? I'll be there on friday night.

post-8565-1244706609_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ke70-Pig

Members dont see this ad
Looks good man, plans for an engine conversion?

Travis.

Yeah man, mate of mine's got a T something diff in Lismore so i'll pick that up next friday. Then Konig Rewinds or Superlites, lowered springs....

I've found a guy that'll import 4AGE 20v half cut for me, it'll cost around the 2-2.5K mark, and my mate's a mechanic and he'll help me put it in. After that, 4AGZE pistons, cam gears, quad throttle bodies, and an aftermarket ECU, don't know what computer yet...

But there's also an SR20DET that my mate planned to put in his Gemini and he munted it, so he has a SR20DEt with under 80K on the clock sitting there....

What would you do??? 4AGE Turbo or SR20DET???

I'd kinda like to keep the rolla Toyota 100%

Mayer

Its an Origin Lab kit on my black car, personally ive grown out of that car. I'm now making one with a JDM style look for it.

Sr20det would be better if you can easy engineer it and fit it easily. Its way lighter, easier to find as they came turbo from factory, a 4age didnt, cheap as chips, and great power can be had from them.

I'm not a fan of the whole keep it Toyota and toyota only thing, do it right and make it perform, no matter what engine it is, so long as its puts down the times the numbers and suits the car enough, ie not a v8 corolla for a daily, its all good, you can even use an s13 crossmember I think, ive seen that done for a ca powered drift ke70 on ke70.com

It will cost you a shipload more to do a 4agte in my opinion.

Travis.

• 6 months later...
Its an Origin Lab kit on my black car, personally ive grown out of that car. I'm now making one with a JDM style look for it.

Sr20det would be better if you can easy engineer it and fit it easily. Its way lighter, easier to find as they came turbo from factory, a 4age didnt, cheap as chips, and great power can be had from them.

I'm not a fan of the whole keep it Toyota and toyota only thing, do it right and make it perform, no matter what engine it is, so long as its puts down the times the numbers and suits the car enough, ie not a v8 corolla for a daily, its all good, you can even use an s13 crossmember I think, ive seen that done for a ca powered drift ke70 on ke70.com

It will cost you a shipload more to do a 4agte in my opinion.

Travis.

I found a performance engineering firm and gonna do a complete overhaul of the 4K maybe add a turbo later?? F^&*ed if I know to be honest...