Engine Mounts

ancullen

For any of you considering a 4AGE into KE30/KE55 engine swap, I found out the other day which engine mounts you should use (as I had to replace mine). What you want are either Ford Cortina ones. Now, there are at least two types available. One type has a thickness of 37mm, the other is 39mm thick. The 39mm thick one is also used on a Land Rover. The other measurements are shared by each type of mount. I got the 37mm ones, but I know of someone using 39mm ones, but there's obviously not a huge difference.

In case your engine is mounted too low with these mounts, there are two other types available, one to suit Jaguar, and one to suit Volvo. Both of these had the same shared measurements as the two mentioned previously, however the Jaguar ones are about 42mm thick, and the Volvo ones were about 47mm thick. I'm not certain of these measurements, but to verify, just go to your local spare parts dealer and ask to look at their engine mounts book of part listings.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

P.S. All mounts mentioned have 10mm spline thickness, and 70mm diameter.

Members dont see this ad

we've known about the usefulness of ford engine mounts for years :moon:

as you'll see, the mount is basically just a rubber disc with two metal threads vulcanised into it. you still need to have something that bolts to the block and sits at the right angle. esky/corty mounts are just useful for the rubber part

if you build a powerful K motor, you'll eat manifold side mounts fairly regularly too. i'm on my 3rd set (admittedly they're all ~35 yearold ke1x mounts). using the stock blockside metal with a ford mount it in is a good way to stop this happening