Xt130 Twin Pot On Ke70

mikey_m

I have installed some XT130 Twin Pots in my KE

They seemed to bleed OK, and was firm prior to driving, but now very soft and many pushes needed to get pressure up.

1. Have I done a piss poor effort of bleeding them?

2. Perhaps I need a better/bigger master?

Thoughts and comments please?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have installed some XT130 Twin Pots in my KE

They seemed to bleed OK, and was firm prior to driving, but now very soft and many pushes needed to get pressure up.

1. Have I done a piss poor effort of bleeding them?

2. Perhaps I need a better/bigger master?

Thoughts and comments please?

if ur running the orginal master then yes u need to up grade. if have gotten bigger master then u have bleed it wrong also cheack that all ur brake hoses r tight n not leaking

I never upgraded my master cylinder with the twin spots on mine. Have had no brake issues at all. A tiny bit more travel in the pedal (I like it better) but not at all close to being "soft" and needing to pump it to get some feel. Try re-bleeding the brakes and start from passenger rear, drivers rear, then passenger front then drivers front. Maybe do as above and check for leaking hoses. I know that my original rubber hoses were quite tired looking and looked as if they could go at any minute. Dodgy master cylinder maybe?

Did you fit new brake pads? Did you bed the pads in the manner the manufacturer specified? That could be a problem... or it could be the master cylinder.

I am getting mixed reports on the need to do the MC swap when running the twin spot corona caliper.

I am going to bleed mine properly this week and make a call. I have done the same conversion as you on my race car.

Did you fit new brake pads? Did you bed the pads in the manner the manufacturer specified? That could be a problem... or it could be the master cylinder.

I am getting mixed reports on the need to do the MC swap when running the twin spot corona caliper.

I am going to bleed mine properly this week and make a call. I have done the same conversion as you on my race car.

Awesome, Yeah the MC seems unknown, but Alex is on the $$$, but I don't want to push too far, (Cannot easily heal toe at that point), so will look at a new MC. Any Suggestions.

I am not sure if the master is the same as a KE35/55 in terms of bolt pattern etc? I believe it is.

If it is then there are two options.

A Mitsubishi master cylinder from a Pajero NB/NC - part number. JB1762. About $100 online or from your favourite parts store.

SeptemberSquall recommended a Camry Master Cylinder - acv36 02-06 camry non-abs master cylinder

same bolt spacing

15/16" bore size

screw in front and rear ports

integrated reservoir (not remote) with front/rear gravity feeds with a baffle in between

integrated fluid level switch

These are a bit dearer, but more common in wreckers.

Personally i would be buying a new one, and would go the Camry option as it is a better looking thing.

OK I think I might have the bleed option worked out.

I noticed on the calipers that the bleed nipple is the lower, where the brake line attaches to the top.

I think I need to swap, so the air that rises can get out correctly, that means I need longer brakes hoses.

Yes you are on to it.

Need to swap your struts side to side - calipers should be running at the front of the car.

Calipers are at the front, no issues here. Looks like the bleed nipples are just screwed intot he wrong hole, should be easy but will need the longer hoses.