Isky Th99 0r Trd X42b Have The Same Profile?

lui

i have made mods to the 2tc engine i put an oversized pistons of 88.5 dia. and a th99 cam. will these match? someone told me a th99 does not have enough power for this config. a th99+10 or a trd X42b will do just fine. or a c 36 i am using 2X40 dcoe. i don't know about 2tc mods. i just want to upgrade it and earn some ponnies. i had ported the intake but no changes in the valves. what will i do for best results? thanks i really need some advise some fellow members here who has done this set up to their 2tc, whats the result?.... :)

post-7190-1245811229_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

i didnt understand much of that, prob want to list the profiles of the camshafts.

also don't forget that the larger the cam the higher RPM's you need to make the grunt.

also large duration cams need higher compression, while you may have oversized pistons you havent said what comp ratio either matey.

re-write it with a paragraph or two. also why did you put a picture up?

Agreed ^^^^^. I didn't really understand that either.

I don't think we got isky cams in Australia, but you could always contact them to get some idea of the specs.

http://www.iskycams.com/

Can I also suggest you have a look over at http://3tcgarage.com/

There are a lot of people on there with lots of T motor knowledge.

i didnt understand much of that, prob want to list the profiles of the camshafts.

also don't forget that the larger the cam the higher RPM's you need to make the grunt.

also large duration cams need higher compression, while you may have oversized pistons you havent said what comp ratio either matey.

re-write it with a paragraph or two. also why did you put a picture up?

i think the pistons is a standard of the 18rg engine which is 10.5 is to 1 ratio compression. is that ok with the th 99? or a x42 would be better?. do i need to change the valves to a bigger size? or add a secondary inner springs? i just ported the intake to 38mm I'm using a 36 venturis on the webers. I'm afraid it might heat up the head too much. i have a mate who just set a 85mm trd hi comp with 12 to 1 comp ratio with a x42 and big valves combi. and it runs real fast but has a temp problem.and they are trying to put up an oil cooler to fix the problem. i don't want to end up with that! i just want a good evenly compatible specs for this set up. any advise? thanks... :)

what are the lift and duration on both models of camshaft?

valves you don't need to change, but they may give you a tad more power.

valve springs, you maybe be able to use the standard ones depending on the intended revs and the lift of the cam.

cooling issue? if you live somewhere where its hot, using a oil cooler and large radiator with good flowing fans should solve this. there are also hi flowing thermostats available.