Ke30 Project

petroleum

hey everyone,

just bought myself a ke30 rolla... only paid $100 for it.. but its good the 3k motor was taken out a year ago and replaced with a 4k and a 5spd transmission, new exhaust (tiny)... anyways is it possible to replace the leaf springs in the back with coil springs and shocks?... also wondering what i can do to make it go faster... going to get my hands on some extractors but i'll need a good carb but i also need something with good fuel economy... any ideas on what the best is? basically the whole car is stock and i want to make it better :)

thanks people!,

dave

Members dont see this ad

Gday Dave,

Welcome to Rollaclub!

With oout wanting to sound smart, anything is possible with the right budget. We can give you a good idea of what you can do, if you give us an idea of what you want to spend.

However, I can give a few quick pointers.

You don't need to change the leaf springs. They were good enough for your Great-Great-Grandfather, they're good enough for you. But seriously, there's not really a requirement to change, as you can get them to handle well with leaves, and the engineering involved in putting in coils would be ugly. Both my rally cars have leaves, and both do quite well.

Performance? The sad but true fact is, the more go, the more flow (fuel). Actually, i think the saying goes someting like: cheap, fast, economical, pick two.

Cam, Carb and Exhaust will give you bolt on power and make it a nippy little beast. 5K engine is a bolt on replacement, blah blah.... you get the idea. There is heaps on the topic in here, and a bit of searching will go a long way to not getting flamed by asking questions that have been asked 90 times before.

If you put in a bit of research, we'll be more than happy to answer any more of your questions.

Cheers

R